Digger Kit

Onoff

OK.

Having done the bathroom Objoke, what do we think of this digger?

In my terms it is a micro digger not a mini, being 640kg all up, 85cm wide and a fuel tank size of 0.8 of a gallon with a 5.5hp engine?

Is 4900 Euro = 4250 ukp a good value price for the built up version?

By adding a couple of  k you can get things like a 9.5hp engine and various shovels and augers.

Useful for those developing a large garden as a general tool?

F

Didn't I post some YouTube videos and links to those French mini diggers here a while ago? 

I remember looking at them a few years ago, after staying with a friend in France who had a two wheeled ex-military "grave digger" that could be towed behind a car.  He did a lot of work terracing the steep paddock behind his house with it, plus digging a big French drain, and despite being small it was surprisingly capable.  Being able to tow it behind a car was a big advantage, and once on site it was moved about using the bucket to pull the thing around.  His was nice and stable, too, as the wheels are a fair distance apart, but that limited where it could be used a bit.

You can do a lot with a tiny digger.  At the top of our road where years ago a saw mill used to be there were 2 wooden log cabins.  Someone bought one to knock down and rebuild.  He never questioned it's locally elevated position, until he started digging and found it was on a mound of sawdust.  To dig the foundations he just dug down and down through the sawdust until he hit proper ground. His little 1 ton digger must have been at the bottom of a 10ft deep hole by the time he finished. He had dug the cavernouse hole one side open to the slope so he could get the digger out again.

I love that the instructions are only available in French.

Can anyone price a new equivalent from the mainstream? Would about 10k be right new for one without the tracks that narrow to get through a door?

F

Edited by Ferdinand

3 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I love that the instructions are only available in French.

Can anyone price a new equivalent from the mainstream? Would about 10k be right new for one without the tracks that narrow to get through a door?

F

Not sure but I know at work we’re buying a small one, stripping it back to chassis and hydraulics and then running it remotely in a 5m deep pond O.o

5 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

JCB 8008 CTS is about £14.5k new ex vat. They hold their value very well and are a top end bit of kit. £10k you are looking minimum 5-6 years old

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

If it is good enough for Charlie Dimmock to get pleasure from, then I am happy to hold it afterwards, while imagining her 25 years ago.

Just to be clear are you talking about digging 25 years ago and imagining her while digging or digging today and imagining her as she was 25 years ago. Either way the holding it bit is way out of order and the imagining bit is probably exploitation although the general populace was not as clear on that 25 years ago as they are today.

• Haha 1