Down pipe into slot drain

17 minutes ago, joe90 said:

The size of pipe  depends on what area of roof you are draining really ?

It’s about 5 x 7 m 

Thing is I’ve got to put 90mm block paving on that - which obviously won’t fit . So will need to trim them anyway ......

44 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Well, standard down pipe is 68mm, I would have thought this would cope very well on the flat with such a small roof. Others will be along shortly to confirm/deny.

The thing is a 110mm is nice and solid . Rain pipe 68mm quite flimsy . Unless of course you can get a 68mm below ground drain pipe - that would help !

Found pavers the wife likes that are 55mm ( hurray ) but £120 a sq metre ?

Ok !

It would seem a below ground 68mm drainpipe doesn’t exist ; only 110 or above .

Bit reluctant to use down pipe drain horizontally in concrete . Drainpipes are quite solid compared to rather brittle down pipes .....

Edited by pocster

17 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Could you not run an aco drain across in front of the opening? As it would finish flush with the pavings it would gain you a lot of height.

I could 

But its rainwater for harvesting I’m trying to collect so don’t really want any surface water . I do have a micro channel drain (32mm wide) that I am going to run across the front for surface water .

So downpipe from roof for harvesting . Nano for surface in front house . Also have a shallow drainage channel for front of plot / driveway .

Trying my best to avoid any sitting water !!

24 minutes ago, pocster said:

I could 

But its rainwater for harvesting I’m trying to collect so don’t really want any surface water . I do have a micro channel drain (32mm wide) that I am going to run across the front for surface water .

So downpipe from roof for harvesting . Nano for surface in front house . Also have a shallow drainage channel for front of plot / driveway .

Trying my best to avoid any sitting water !!

Why is the rain that hits the roof different to the rain that hits the pavings?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Why is the rain that hits the roof different to the rain that hits the pavings?

Rain on a roof is only contaminated by airborne particles and dirt. Ground borne contamination can include hydrocarbons such as oil and fuel, and other chemicals such as antifreeze or anything spilt on the floor. 

None of which you want in your rainwater tank !!

• Like 1