Slab penetrations

willbish

Im just planning how and where my soil pipes are going to poke up through my slab and I'm wondering what others have  done for their 50mm waste connections. Always keen to save space and as I know where everything will go could I just have 50mm wastes poking up for every appliance and sink?

If I use a strap boss from the soil pipe underground is this a bit stupid if it ever fails? Seems like it might have less chance of failure down there than surviving being beaten around by rebar and concrete.

Either way can I get 50mm elbow into ducting? or is there no point even ducting the horizontals as the only wiggle room required will be horizontal..

Cross Section 1.JPG

Cross Section 2.JPG

Not sure what you want the ducting for.  To be honest I don’t think I have ever seen 110mm soil pipe in one. 

Is your invert level correct looks fairly deep for being the highest point

if you are going to tap into the vertical pipe I would use the correct fitting not a boss strap

most pipe penetrations you can put a foam sleeve around as they exit the slab, this allows for a bit of wiggle room and to get a fitting on if needed. 

46 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Not sure what you want the ducting for.

It was mentioned in this thread that it would be a good idea to sleeve the waste pipes to allow for some wiggle room should the position not be spot on

50mm wastes don't need the same accuracy as 110mm but i thought running them in a sleeve might offer some protection.

54 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

if you are going to tap into the vertical pipe I would use the correct fitting not a boss strap

What is the correct fitting if using underground? They don't do underground short bosses. Just use one of these instead?

We didn't use anything less than 110mm for through slab. For the island as example we used 110mm and will immediately cut to appropriate size above slab. All pipe goes into a swept 90 and straight out ie no T's under slab. It will be fun and games when we try and connect all these tails up outside......

• Thanks 1

Yes, do it all in 110mm.  I would run it in the MOT layer as you look like you are already 1.5m below ground.  Try and run as shallow as possible as it makes inspection, access etc simpler and safer.

• Thanks 1