Re-satisfying an already satisfied planning condition.

My plot has detailed planning permission with a number of conditions that required verification or clarification. Today all of these have been satisfied through reports, technical investigations and proposed building materials. The dialogue associated with the condition satisfactions is posted online by the planning office.

In the case of sample bricks for which a 1m squared board was created and presumably inspected, as a new plot owner am I allowed to propose an alternative brick example board? 

Edited by epsilonGreedy

If you want to change it you may well have to apply for either a non material amendment or reapply for discharge of the condition - both will have a fee attached and they will charge you .... 

Or take a flyer if the new brick is close to the original - these tyes of conditions seem normal and I understand they are to prevent people from having bright and garish external finishes.

Too late for you now, but for my discharge I refused to supply actual samples and either pointed to specific web pages from manufacturer catalog (e.g. for the roof tiles) or kept it suitably vague (e.g. "soft-white" for the render or "mid-grey" for glazing and soffits). Planning said they normally expect to view actual samples on site but accepted my document and discharged the conditions.

I also supplied a specific link to brick-slips but then swapped it on build, QT, though replacement was not far different..

I had a similar condition and spent the best part of a day driving around collecting samples.  I then rang the planning officer who agreed that I could bring the samples to him to check.  When I turned up at the council building with them I was refused entry, on the grounds that the small (around 18" long) lengths of cladding constituted a health and safety breach if carried inside the building...

So, I went out the front door with the samples and called the planning officer, telling him I had the samples with me, but that I was being stopped from bringing them into the building.  He said he wasn't able to come down to check them, but could I just send him photos.  I explained that he already had photos in the D&A Statement I'd submitted with the application.  He checked that whilst I was on the phone, then said that was fine, he'd sign off that pre-commencement condition.

So, I'd driven around 100 miles or so, wasting a day of my time and the time of those who'd given me samples, simply because the planning officer hadn't bothered to look at the material photos I'd submitted with the application.  Was I a bit cross?  You could say that.  I bet the mic on my car dash cam picked up a few choice words when I was driving back home.

• Like 1

I had to supply samples ... of reclaimed bricks ..!! Initially they wanted a match to the previous building however when I told them it was built in 1992 of a “reclaimed brick” that it would then be impossible to match...

I created a couple of sample panels using bits of ply as spacers to build next to the existing wall and then took photos ... 10 minutes later with photoshop I had copied the mortar from the old wall to the new “wall” and submitted them as photos with a black line to delineate - followed this up with a couple of random bricks to the council office and that was it ... 

I supplied pictures which were okayed - then had to change the brick as there were no longer any the same available for immediate delivery.  They look pretty similar though.  My inset balcony is on the plans that got approved but when the need for sky hooks was discovered I ditched that.  I instructed the architect to put in more drawings but she didn't and I am just hoping for the best.  She said it was a non- material amendment and as such I'm hoping there will be no issue.  

Edited by Hecateh

Just now, richi said:

...through the window? 

Tempting.... 

said they had lost the first ones - I suggested that losing a box with the address on it, 4 bricks and a tile poking out was difficult ..! 

Amazingly about an hour later they were “found”.....

• Haha 1

I supplied samples of materials to the planners as per the conditions and when I asked a few months later if I could have the samples back I was told they only keep them for a short time and then dispose of them. So I don't know how they are going to check whether what I have used has been approved or not.

Planners wanted me to paint an oak clad out building "barn black". Not a chance. So I sent them a bit of wood painted black using paint from my children's painting set. Told them it was "barn black" and they approved it. I stained the cladding light brown. Nobody ever came to check.  

19 minutes ago, Temp said:

Planners wanted me to paint an oak clad out building "barn black". Not a chance. So I sent them a bit of wood painted black using paint from my children's painting set. Told them it was "barn black" and they approved it. I stained the cladding light brown. Nobody ever came to check. 

And here am I worried that a Lincolnshire planning office might not approve barn black on the basis that it is a Suffolk and Norfolk thing.