Is this Pex Al Pex pipe any good?

ProDave

Regarding 15 v 16mm as mentioned above. No reason why you can't use 16mm mlcp for domestic water but probably will need to use standard compression fittings plus a adaptor.  You also get them in chrome. Roughly £1 each.

Screenshot_20180516-105337_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Alexphd1

6 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Regarding 15 v 16mm as mentioned above. No reason why you can't use 16mm mlcp for domestic water but probably will need to use standard compression fittings plus a adaptor.  You also get them in chrome. Roughly £1 each.

Screenshot_20180516-105337_Chrome.jpg

I think they are the wrong way round - that’s for putting 15mm pipe into 16mm fittings. 

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

I think they are the wrong way round - that’s for putting 15mm pipe into 16mm fittings. 

Better not be..... or I am buggered, lot of unhappy customers.. I have been using them to join mlcp to brass compression for last 15 years. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Better not be..... or I am buggered, lot of unhappy customers.. I have been using them to join mlcp to brass compression for last 15 years. 

Yep my bad - they are different to the ones I've used as they only have the one O ring.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

No one likes a show off unless it's me :D

Looks like Dave has gone with the seller I got mine from, "esavep".

The bonus is his will be connected and running long before mine is so I'll get a heads up on any issues! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 19/05/2018 at 19:42, Onoff said:

Looks like Dave has gone with the seller I got mine from, "esavep".

The bonus is his will be connected and running long before mine is so I'll get a heads up on any issues! :)

Thats Earth Save Products. I don’t know if they still are but certainly at the time of my build that’s where MBC were sourcing their pex pipe. 

On 19 May 2018 at 21:15, Nickfromwales said:

You are SUCH a liar dave. We all know its because of the price. ;)

:D 

Actually no. In the end I paid the same price for a 240m coil as I was originally looking at for a 300m coil but I dithered too long and all the 300m ones had gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody got any ideas on the spacing between UFH pipes. Our slab is 150mm thick and I was going 300mm grid but I notice that 200mm is more usual in 16mm pipe? Also I see that for an ASHP driven system a 100mm spacing is recommended!

Edited by MikeSharp01

ASHP 100mm spacings is for standard build houses where you don’t have a buffer and you are expecting significant fabric losses. You basically pump straight from the ASHP at 40c into the slab and hope it doesn’t overheat ....

150mm is usual for a decent insulation spec - 200mm and you’re probably at low uValues for most elements and don’t need massive amounts of heat input. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PeterW said:

ASHP 100mm spacings is for standard build houses where you don’t have a buffer and you are expecting significant fabric losses. You basically pump straight from the ASHP at 40c into the slab and hope it doesn’t overheat ....

150mm is usual for a decent insulation spec - 200mm and you’re probably at low uValues for most elements and don’t need massive amounts of heat input. 

Makes Perfect sense now you describe it. At 100mm I was using about 200m per zone (3 zones) at 200mm I am using 300m for the whole 105m2 so cheaper as well.

Our last house we went for 200mm, that was nothing special in terms of insulation or air tightness. So I am going for 200 again on out new much better insulated and much ore air tight house, expecting to run the UFH at a very low temperature.

200mm is the obvious spacing with 400mm joist centres, anything else would be complicated.