2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

...maybe get a chippy in? :)

Next time I’ll just buy a bloody staircase. Either way it’s joinery not carpentry ?

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just think of the brownie points you'll get for this!

Considering the shouting while fitting it I don’t think they’ll amount to much. 

5 minutes ago, jack said:

I'm sure she'll pick her moment...

Dead man walking.......

Ed, that looks the dogs bollocks mate. If I'd have fitted that, let alone made and fitted that, I'd have been walking around with a chest like Katie Price.

Go drink beer, and buy SWMBO a bottle of fizzy for being your support, in more than one way. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

They look great. The greatest satisfaction comes from completing something that is difficult not the easy things in life. 

I hope you made it up to Faye! Deffo some TLC needed there! 

• 10 months later...
On 06/07/2019 at 20:31, Construction Channel said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc55a271c50209a8imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc55a271c50209a8I know it's been a while but I have decided to go back to working on the stairs. Annoyingly I just couldn't get enough usable timber out of the elm tree to do everything but I managed to get enough for the stairs. ? I'll probably just use ash for the landing handrails. 

Well done matey, looks cracking!

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CC45 said:

fantastic idea - what's the small metal insert called?

I think it's called threadcert

nsert Nuts Type D M6 x 20mm 50 Pack" and thought of you! https://www.screwfix.com/p/insert-nuts-type-d-m6-x-20mm-50-pack/61859?kpid=61859&ds_kid=92700045993219437&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249413&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1MXpBRDjARIsAHtdN-1Q-9brjOTxQIfIBPWjxZdyv-l4QJjujBh67zy7QK3flQtBzeotILIaAhTGEALw_wcB

Although mine are m8 and I was given them so I don't know where they were bought

• Like 1