readiescards

IVT Ecolane ASHP - any owners out there?

8 hours ago, PeterW said:

Flap valves are used on the continent for water flow - quite neat but do need a pump to make them work. 

You're about on the edge of the performance an IVT can give asking for 55c water from it. Is the DHW tank new or is it quite small as you could drop the temperature on that however you do really need a high power / surface area coil to get the most out of the heat pump into the tank. 

Alternate option would be to use a buffer but put the coil in line with the cold supply into the DHW tank and use as a pre heater. Adds a bit more complexity but no moving parts 

PeterW at the moment I think I’m just going with your earlier suggestions about reconfiguring the UFH manifold and run the three loops on the ASHP

The DHW is a new tank fitted by me this summer it is 350 litre it has 3 pairs of  “inputs or outputs” the whole tank is filled with “dirty fernox treated” water the DHW comes straight from the street through the heat exchanger and to the hot water taps. It has 2 x emersion heaters. Currently wood burning stove also supply heat to the tank 10 radiators connected to one of the outputs.

the original plan was to only have this tank heated by the wood burning stove and emersion heater on economy 7 electric. Tank was going to supply heat to DHW and 10 radiators and the 45m2 UFH  however it has become evident that I’m at the limit of what this tank can cope with so that’s why I got the ASHP to just run the 45m2 UFH 

The tank has a pair of inputs spare and if the ASHP has spare capacity and its feasible I am considering connecting the ASHP to the tank but I’m not hell bent on getting this done if it’s too much for the ASHP

the idea of preheating the DHW through a separate buffer tank would have been very nice but the pipe work for this is just not feasible

F74A83F2-4EA1-4404-9E7A-A839331D469C.png

That’s a thermal store ..... 

On 08/12/2018 at 18:42, PeterW said:

That’s a thermal store ..... 

Yes sorry it is a thermal store that’s why I’m considering storing any excess heat in there but only if it doesn’t compromise on the efficiency of the ASHP and UFH

On 08/12/2018 at 06:34, testom said:

@PeterW I have found that B2 & B3 terminal gives +24V as a output signal. 

I have finnaly plugged two small LED`s there.

And I must say this LED`s gives  nice indication to what is actually going on with ASHP. 

@testom how have you wired these LEDs...?? Where have you taken to ground ..??