IVT Ecolane ASHP - any owners out there?

11 minutes ago, DeeJunFan said:

I can put the tank behind the garage so that bit would be ok.  Its more the big tank in the utility room i wouldnt be so sure about if i need a big buffer. 

The owner is a decent fella and he knows his stuff.   I have spoken to 2 plumbers who have worked with them before and they reckon they are the best heat pumps around. 

Everyone from lurgan is decent!!!

I am half looking into to changing my pellet boiler to an ashp . But it won't be done until my last RHI payment.

3 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Everyone from lurgan is decent!!!

I am half looking into to changing my pellet boiler to an ashp . But it won't be done until my last RHI payment.

Get on to big Arlene, she will get you another few years RHI no questions asked. 

• Haha 1

Looks quite reasonable from the data.  At least they are giving the COP under standard conditions, and it looks better than a some more well-known brands:

COP at kW A7W35 (Low temp)  4.37@8.4kW  4.66@13.3kW

COP at kW A7W45 (Medium temp)  3.59@8.4kW  3.76@13.4kW

COP at kW A7W55 (High temp)  3.08@8.4kW  3.25@13.9kW

COP at kW A7W65 (Very high temp)  2.64@8.5kW  2.77@14.1kW

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just joined to say thanks for the info you've all shared. I've succesfully installed my AX-09 now :)

As it still wasn't clear to me how to set it in cooling mode, i tried the A4 terminal which was suggested a couple of pages back.
And, i'd like to share some new info too: With 24v on the A1 and A4 terminals (And A5, for negative of course) we have cooling too, woohoo.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hello Guys

After a bit of help please. Error U1

Our DIY installed (with tanks to all the knowledge and help from this forum) IVT  ran perfectly last winter. It warmed UFH up every night for 7 hours during economy 7 times without any issues (we had a mild winter in Lincolnshire). Switched it off in the spring and left it off until this November (was this my mistake?) 

This winter we've had several U1 Errors - High-pressure switch 63H activated. according to the Ecodan PUHZ-W85VHA2 manual it could be several things. I've check it during the day and it runs all day without issue, which should rule out items 1 - 10.  It seems to only stop at night, maybe when its very cold? Stops very randomly. I checked the H63 switch it is closed in normal condition I can't activate it to check if it opens when pressure is above 4.15 MPa every time I have a day off I run it all day and it doesn't error. Below is the list of possible causes according to the manual with a comment.

Any help very much appreciated.

1 Decreased water flow - circulating pump was set on 1 last year tried 2 and 3 this year, currently on 3
2 Clogged filter of water pipe - Unlikely it works when running during the day
3 Dirt of plate heat exchanger - Unlikely it works when running during the day
4 Locked water pump - Unlikely it works when running during the day
5 Malfunction of water pump - Unlikely it works when running during the day
6 Clogged or broken pipe - Unlikely it works when running during the day
7 Locked outdoor fan motor - I hear the fan running
8 Malfunction of outdoor fan motor - I hear the fan running
9 Short cycle of outdoor unit - Unlikely we run it 7 hours at a time
10 Dirt of outdoor heat exchanger - It is clean around and inside
11 Decreased airflow caused by defective inspection of outside temperature thermistor (It detects lower temperature than actual temperature.)  - Clean but could be intermittently defective?
12 Disconnection or contact failure of connector (63H) on outdoor controller board - Checked the board, cable and plugs looks like new
13 Disconnection or contact failure of 63H connection - Checked cable and switch tested shows short when in normal condition could be intermittently defective?
14 Defective outdoor controller board - Looks like new could be intermittently defective? 
15 Defective operation of linear expansion valve - I have no idea 
16 Malfunction of fan driving circuit - Seems ok fan speeds up and slows down sounds normal

Thanks

Pieter

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Sad 1

Hi guys 

Update, today the error U1 is coming on frequently. I bridged the U1 connector on the board to keep the HP running while testing the 63H switch. I monitored H63 with the ohm meter and the 63H switch does go open circuit which will cause U1 error. If I turn the demand for heat off the H63 goes back to short circuit quickly within a minute.

Now the real questions.

Does it really build up too much pressure causing the H63 to activate and if so why?

Or is the switch activating too soon?

Thanks 

Pieter

I had a high pressure fault when I comissioned a GSHP for someone and speaking to the manufacturer, he explained it as low water flow, not taking the heat away from the HP quick enough so certain parts inside get too hot and the pressure gets too high.

You mentioned slowing down your pump speed, I would start by increasing that again.

19 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I had a high pressure fault when I comissioned a GSHP for someone and speaking to the manufacturer, he explained it as low water flow, not taking the heat away from the HP quick enough so certain parts inside get too hot and the pressure gets too high.

You mentioned slowing down your pump speed, I would start by increasing that again.

Thanks Dave 

Last year the pump ran at 1 all year no issues. This year because of the error U1 I tried different pump speeds currently running at 3 for the last couple of weeks. 

I definitely take enough heat out. Inconing temp @ 55'C returning temp @ 35'C

I do believe it is overtemp in the HP but can't figure out what is causing it.

Thanks

Pieter

4 hours ago, PTUK said:

I definitely take enough heat out. Inconing temp @ 55'C returning temp @ 35'C

Dumping temperature and dumping energy are not the same thing. If you slow the pump to a virtual standstill you'd expect the difference to be even larger. Conversely running the pump at warp speed, even a few °C decrease would equate to a much larger energy transfer. 

There's probably an analogy with packed cars in a traffic jam vs nearly empty cars on a motorway and which one delivers more people per hour to their destination.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...