What! £800 for that!

Okay, no laughing I've made my own drawings for BC for this knock a wall that's doing (expletive deleted) all (much)  anyway down.

Will these helpful public servants tell me where to go...or is this enough alongside the engineers report which has all the load bearing numbers etc...

IMG_20180604_214131971.thumb.jpg.fcc45c4ac0ed8b8753f6bfbe4a40a712.jpgIMG_20180604_214103274.thumb.jpg.624fd7f2e5fd2ee152c8f846c4dffd44.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey @Peter and @Nickfromwales

BC knocked back my application as it was too amateur.

I phoned the BC guy and he was uber helpful and said it was a close thing but just not good enough.

Letter of refusal attached.Building control refusal letter redacted.pdf

I sent the Beamcalcs report I got online Steel_Beam_Calculations_ref_69139.pdf

but they said as they do not have an internal Structural engineer employed they would put it out to tender to authorise the calcs. He pointed out the blurb in the calcs relates to English BC Standards and would need changed to suit the Scottish codes.

The other comment on the phone was I should show before and after electrical socket positions and say in the application these would be in line with the relevant regulation. Also that demolition works would be carried out in line with regulation BS 6187.

BC guy said he would help all he could....

Question now is

1. Do I go with one of the fella's you know but be aware they may relate to English codes

2. Try again with a better drawing and take the BC guys invitation to review/help out?

I'm not in a great hurry and have 8 months to resubmit.

A new Buildhubber offered to do the drawings for me but that fell through...

Do you want me to send you mine so that you can look at the wording? I have a variety of documents for here but would need to be sent by email. PM me your email if you are interested. The main house docs are fairly old but the extension is more recent. It’s a new build not a demolition.