Sewage treatment plant

Anybody have any experience of installing a sewage treatment tank, in our previous builds we had a normal septic tank with the outfall going to a soak away which my husband did himself however this time we have to install a sewage treatment plant, no soak away, straight to the burn running through our land, just wondering if there’s a lot of difference in the installation method 

Yep we did ours.  Well done for getting a discharge permit from SEPA that took us a few months.

What treatment plant have you chosen? This is our Conder being lowered into it's hole in the ground

in_she_goes.thumb.jpg.d47edbc0470d5d7a1582a892b63888ac.jpg

The pipework is simpe.  We were required to provide a partial soakaway before the discharge gets to the burn which does seem to work well.

I chose the Conder as being one of a number of very similar treatment plants that worked on the air blower principle. I wanted to avoid having moving mechanical parts. I liked it's conical shape and the anchor ring around the bottom making it one of the easiest to anchor down (with a few tons of concrete) in ground that is prone to a high water table.

The Clearwater looks a very similar idea so I am sure you will be fine with that.

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I chose the Conder as being one of a number of very similar treatment plants that worked on the air blower principle. I wanted to avoid having moving mechanical parts. I liked it's conical shape and the anchor ring around the bottom making it one of the easiest to anchor down (with a few tons of concrete) in ground that is prone to a high water table.

The Clearwater looks a very similar idea so I am sure you will be fine with that.

Forgot to say The suplyer Told us that it would be ok in pea gravel 

A friend who has installed tanks for year Said no chance sit it in 2 mtrs of concrete and fill it up and back fill

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Christine Walker said:

Thanks, you answered two questions in one there! Hubby was just saying he’d been told to concrete it down but is looking online where they are saying pea gravel, 10 years since our last build and you start to question everything ?

I’d no exsperience of treatment plants or Ceptic tanks 

My friend nearly choked on his drink when I mentioned pea gravel

His exact words were ‘It will pop like a cork without concrete

Very easy to fit though

Though the tank ended up 400 mill to low So we purchased a neck extension Five minute five £100 extra 

0243F32D-18B9-4332-BCA5-69C23C578150.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Whether or not it will sit happily in pea gravel is entirely down to your ground water conditions. If the water table is low, then the tank won't float up out of the ground when emptied. But in areas of high water table pretty much any design of tank or treatment plant will need to be concreted in place.