1 minute ago, Declan52 said:

My turn for some bubbles, some skin soup is an optional extra.

IMG_20180524_131344.jpg

How the rich live!

That's the model up from ours. :)

Had a body conscious, younger relative go in wearing a T shirt. The fibres really clog the filters. Seems also washing detergent residue from cozzies, though clean, make these things foam like a b'stard. Wife is forever checking & topping up the chemicals where the urchins upset the pH. 

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

How the rich live!

Had a body conscious, younger relative go in wearing a T shirt. The fibres really clog the filters. Seems also washing detergent residue from cozzies, though clean, make these things foam like a b'stard. Wife is forever checking & topping up the chemicals where the urchins upset the pH. 

There’s an obvious answer to 2 of those problems...

Just how friendly are you with your relatives and neighbours?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

How the rich live!

It's only on hire to see if we would really use it or if it will join the pile of stuff at the back of the shed that she just had to get and couldn't cope without until it was bought and then coped just fine it seems.

8 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

It's only on hire to see if we would really use it or if it will join the pile of stuff at the back of the shed that she just had to get and couldn't cope without until it was bought and then coped just fine it seems.

One word:

Döstädning

:)

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

One word:

Döstädning

:)

Think I am stuck with her to be honest!!!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Women like the pleasure of coveting then purchasing the next must have item, followed by the enjoyment of receiving it, admiring it and using it a few times. After that our interest is lost and we’ve moved onto the next must have item. My advice, go with it and buy a big shed ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, newhome said:

Women like the pleasure of coveting then purchasing the next must have item, followed by the enjoyment of receiving it, admiring it and using it a few times. After that our interest is lost and we’ve moved onto the next must have item. My advice, go with it and buy a big shed ;)

It's 18ft *10ft so it's big enough. Just need to do a run to the dump more often.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Declan52 said:

It's 18ft *10ft so it's big enough. Just need to do a run to the dump more often.

Is that not the width of garage required for a Hummer plus Jeremy Clarkson if he folds the wing mirror and breathes in?

Too small.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

There are two sorts of

5 hours ago, daiking said:

relatives and neighbours

Those that wee and the pool, and those that lie.

Is it broke yet?

what I don’t understand about the cheapo blow up hot tubs is, do you just sit on the floor?

13 minutes ago, daiking said:

Is it broke yet?

what I don’t understand about the cheapo blow up hot tubs is, do you just sit on the floor?

They haven't stopped using it tbh.

Yes you sit on the floor. More comfortable than it sounds.

You put a foam type mat under it. That's what was under mine and it is very comfortable. 

Have you worked out the rough cost of running it. I won't get my bill for a few weeks yet.

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

They haven't stopped using it tbh.

Yes you sit on the floor. More comfortable than it sounds.

Comfort isn’t an issue, you sit on the floor in a bath. It’s the footsie thing.

on the formed hot tubs you are typically sit on the ledge so your feet hang down. On a flat floor that isn’t an option.

1 hour ago, daiking said:

Comfort isn’t an issue, you sit on the floor in a bath. It’s the footsie thing.

Depends whether you mind playing footsie with the people you are sharing with I guess ;)

9 minutes ago, newhome said:

Depends whether you mind playing footsie with the people you are sharing with I guess ;)

Exactly, 2’s company, 3’s starring in a Jeremy Kyle episode.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, daiking said:

Exactly, 2’s company, 3’s starring in a Jeremy Kyle episode.

I was envisaging @Onoff being kicked to death by the neighbouring urchins rather than chez @Onoff hosting a swingers’ party :D

Having said that, who knows what goes on off forum :D

Edited by newhome

3 hours ago, newhome said:

swingers’ party

Ah, dancing, was popular in the 1920s.

Shame I am ham fisted with two left feet.

You will have to find something else for me to do at this party.

54 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

You will have to find something else for me to do at this party.

You will have to find someone who will invite you into their hot tub first ;)

The 5 room (!) suite we stayed in at a hotel in the Cotswolds a few weeks ago was complete with a private covered patio and hot tub.  My wife seemed to spend loads of time in it, so I have a horrible feeling that one is going to be on the to-do list for extras to the new house.  She's already been to the spa place up the road from our old house and got brochures...

Years ago on another forum when DIY solar water panels were all the rage, dumping heat on hot summers days were discussed, I suggested a hot tub, they mostly get used on warm summers evenings after a hot day and that is when heat dumping was required. P.V. Put an end to that 😫

28 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Years ago on another forum when DIY solar water panels were all the rage, dumping heat on hot summers days were discussed, I suggested a hot tub,

Hmm that’s a thought! I could do that if I ever get the ST fixed! Need to get it out of the TS into a hot tub though .... 

39 minutes ago, newhome said:

Hmm that’s a thought! I could do that if I ever get the ST fixed! Need to get it out of the TS into a hot tub though .... 

Thought it got flushed etc and was all working?

Just been on a short break and had the use of a proper hot tub/spa. We’ve been there a few times and yes it’s a novelty when you’re in holiday mode but I doubt it will have the same appeal on a wet Wednesday night in October.

The kids, of course, loved it.

21 hours ago, Onoff said:

Thought it got flushed etc and was all working?

Nah, not working. Was flushed and sounds like it's on, but no heat gets into the TS. Thoughts are that air is trapped in it or the pump is screwed, so I've bought a new automatic air vent and pump and am trying to get someone out to fix it. Means getting up on the roof though so not that easy. Plumbers seem to run a mile from anything that requires them to get on the roof and getting someone who understands ST systems isn't easy either. Someone did come out to give me a quote but waiting to hear back from him. Might chase as it's been 2 weeks now. It's annoying to hear it 'on' but not doing anything as it would be pretty useful this time of year. 

33 minutes ago, daiking said:

Just been on a short break and had the use of a proper hot tub/spa. We’ve been there a few times and yes it’s a novelty when you’re in holiday mode but I doubt it will have the same appeal on a wet Wednesday night in October.

The kids, of course, loved it.

I have a large spa type bath. Have used it twice ;)