Exterior Colour scheme

ultramods

The current colour scheme for the exterior of the house is:

Render: pink (planners have said it has to be pink)

Granite: dark pink

Windows and doors: RAL 7016

Eaves + Soffits: RAL 7016

House Timber Cladding (Between ground floor and first floor windows): RAL 7016

Garage Timber Cladding: Black

Guttering: RAL 7016 

I have been wondering if:

1. all woodwork and guttering should be either black or RAL7016
  2. garage is cladding is black should the garage windows, doors and soffits etc be black as well

What do you artistic bunch think?

1632160612_ScreenShot2018-04-28at16_34_10.thumb.png.5365efb73f68e0eda3d711c914285f0c.png

Why pink? And can you go for the whitest pink you can find or do they have a say in how pink? Heard of planners requesting certain colours but never pink.

I'd go 7016 however get it costed. I found black up to 35% cheaper on some projects as its standard although I still went for 7016 on that job.

Yeah but.... pink???

Surely you can opt for the pointing colour scheme instead..... 

Because... 

pink!!!

Do you have to have it rendered?

Edited by Yzzy

1 minute ago, Yzzy said:

Yeah but.... pink???

Surely you can opt for the pointing colour scheme instead..... 

Because... 

pink!!!

I take it you have never dealt with a conservation officer before.... :( 

• Like 1

Just now, ultramods said:

I take it you have never dealt with a conservation officer before.... :( 

No... and they haven't dealt with me...

I'd just sit there and say...

PINK?

lol actually the natural colour looks ok, it's like a 'blushing terracotta' .... covering it all in a  thick 'Angel Delight' coat of pink just sounds shuddery.... 

I can tell you how dad dealt with one on our listed small manor house.

The first one who came turned out to be someone he had had a disagreement with in the past, and they never came back. For the next 30 years or so ?.

When we needed one for advice before we sold up, they took ages even to find us,

I think a pink house is wonderful. Very traditional in some areas where the landscape is dark ... The Lake District? 

Is it flamingo pink?The Grand Hotel in Prestatyn used to be Germoline Pink.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

What are they going to do with the derelict buildings? Convert them into something? I like the stonework on the new house but the render is a bit ... well pink, especially round the bay windows and it's not really anything like the old building. I know conservation officers can be a tad pedantic though.

@newhome 50% of the old buildings have been converted into flats. The cottage next to our plot is going to be refurbished as a house. The hall across from our plot is going to be the community hall. The pink round the bay window is actually stone (maybe faux), not render, but yes it isn't nice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ultramods said:

The pink round the bay window is actually stone (maybe faux), not render, but yes it isn't nice.

Ah yes, I can see the blocks now in the pink. Pity they didn't just continue with the other stone as it looks much nicer. Your house is really quite non traditional compared to the other one. Are there any others like it on the site? 

Given you are going to have the most contemporary house in the area maybe you'll get away with something a bit more contemporary as far as the pink scheme goes? As in the whitest pink or maybe something with a pink / grey feel? I would probably go for RAL 7016 for the rest I think. Can you get the colour palate into a picture so that you can see the difference more easily? I love the style of your house BTW. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks. In our first unsuccessful application the house was white and the planners said that there was no chance that the house could be white or grey, even although they said it could be an individual design compared to all the other buildings, they said the house had to be either cream or pink as that's what the current buildings are a mix of.

Screen_Shot_2018-04-30_at_22_38_44.thumb.png.35d37d7eae89d57a2f27757bc87a24c6.png

When we submitted our second application with the revised design. they then said that the house had to be pink because it's in the "heart" of the conservation area and will be one of the most prominent houses. They are saying pink over cream because it's between two of the old pink granite buildings.

I then asked if we could go ultra modern and use zinc, the planners said yes. We came back with various combinations of zinc roof, walls and white render. But again they wanted pink render, so we abandoned the zinc idea as it would have looked ridiculous with zinc and pink render.

667596725_ScreenShot2018-04-30at22_44_13.thumb.png.45e44078ed31da2514d07eb6a5ca69bc.png

121565091_ScreenShot2018-04-30at22_44_35.thumb.png.92b11316404079fd57faf8c23a5db260.png

I would say 85-90% of the new house are cream and 10-15% pink. So tonight I am colouring in all the houses on a site plan, so show the planners just how few pink houses there are in a hope that they will let us use cream.

• Like 1

In the development there are:

98 new cream Houses

17 new pink Houses

16 old pink buildings

I will be putting this in the new planning application that we present to the council to ask that we can use cream render.

1227476887_kingseathousecolours.thumb.png.3fa6c00d93a40ff5c9692ad9a4d75936.png

Being from Peterhead, I like the pink granite, just my tuppense worth, but yes I’d keep the rest to a limited colour palate, no need to introduce more colour, although a lighter grey may have kept it “soft”

Are the cream houses within the conservation area too?

1 minute ago, Triple07 said:

Being from Peterhead, I like the pink granite, just my tuppense worth, but yes I’d keep the rest to a limited colour palate, no need to introduce more colour, although a lighter grey may have kept it “soft”

Are the cream houses within the conservation area too?

Yes the cream houses are in the conservation area. I like the pink granite too, just not keen on the pink render.

2 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Not a fan of pink granite so I am building a pure white render house in peterhead.

no need to rub it in ;). How are you getting on with your parents house and when do you think you will start on your own house?