Exterior Colour scheme

ultramods

Sorry wasn't meaning to. We had no problem with planners but a friend building at the claymore homes in peterhead had a nightmare changing the render colour. 

Been v slow hopefully finish first one end of summer and straight on to build 2.... hopefully make a lot less mistakes? how's it going with you?

10 hours ago, ultramods said:

[...]

What do you artistic bunch think?

Look at the colours and mood round the building.

Take your cue from that. Then look at a colour wheel, play with one online for a bit. Decide on the effect you want: harmony , complementary, monochromatic (the others involve too many colours) . Limit the number of colours to 2 ; three at the most.

Or break every rule in the book. If you do that, go way over the top.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I would lose the render and replace with granite, but that could be a budget issue.  Failing that, natural slate or zinc, but it will look rather dark overall.

Unfortunately that would blow the budget, the granite (supply only) is around 130 per sqm

14 hours ago, Alexphd1 said:

Sorry wasn't meaning to. We had no problem with planners but a friend building at the claymore homes in peterhead had a nightmare changing the render colour. 

Been v slow hopefully finish first one end of summer and straight on to build 2.... hopefully make a lot less mistakes? how's it going with you?

Yeah the 2nd house should go up in half the time ;) .

The site was scraped and cleared last week by the person we bought the plot from.

We are applying for building warrant this week and waiting for the mortgage to be approved in the next few weeks (hopefully). Looking to start around July/August

Fingers crossed for the cream! Pink would work though I think if you get the right shade. 

Out of interest if you don’t mind sharing what sort of budget do you have for the whole build? It’s circa the same size as mine but much more modern, but the layout isn’t a million miles off. I have an upstairs seating area in the middle like you do for example. Yours is the sort of house we would have liked to build if planning had allowed us to. There is a Swiss chalet style house behind me that is pretty much all glass windows and looks like nothing else round here but we weren’t allowed the style of windows that you have ‘as it would spoil the cottagy look’! Believe me there is nothing cottagy about this house. We tried a couple of times and gave up. 

Ultramods after band? Lots of F words lol. 

@newhome The very light creamy pink would be bearable.....

Ultramods the name of a car website a friend and I had 13 years ago.

Build cost based with me as PM and sub contractors, excluding professional fees, garden and plot is £331k.

spec is:

Timber windows and doors

u-value around 0.11 - 0.15

UFH ground floor

high quality kitchen and wet rooms

cantilevered stairs

porcelain tiles to majority of floors

Gas boiler for DHW

MVHR

Garage is now also going to be 'habitable' space, to be used as home gym.

Cold roof with attic trusses allowing loft space to be developed into a few more rooms at a later date if required.

1887532327_buildcosts.PNG.db6168f19b3177c8d581316885445f6a.PNG

Edited by ultramods
  • Thanks 1