Used Kitchen Exchange: anyone ?

Not directly but friends bought an ex display German kitchen with all its PoggenPol appliances through them a couple of years ago and made the room fit the kitchen with a cleverly placed stud wall. 

Apart from a small scratch to the front of one cabinet, it was a £31k kitchen that cost them £12k to buy and fit. 

On 28/04/2018 at 09:19, recoveringacademic said:

My personal Internet search engine (Debbie) has for a while been dropping hints (bricks) about this place.

Our chippy says we will prolly (?) need to buy more than we need to make the necessary allowances  for our kitchen. Anyone used them, or know anything?

Looks really good Ian

Amazing that some are less than twelve months old and being taken out 

52 minutes ago, daiking said:

xD have you ever been to Widnes?

MInd you don’t  go over the new road bridge across the Mersey at Widnes, it’s tolled,  but the signs telling you how to pay on-line are very small and around 500,000 fines have been issued so far, at £20 a pop.

48 minutes ago, Triassic said:

MInd you don’t  go over the new road bridge across the Mersey at Widnes, it’s tolled,  but the signs telling you how to pay on-line are very small and around 500,000 fines have been issued so far, at £20 a pop.

No fear, I live in footballer’s Cheshire and try not to go west of the m6.

On 28/04/2018 at 09:19, recoveringacademic said:

My personal Internet search engine (Debbie) has for a while been dropping hints (bricks) about this place.

Our chippy says we will prolly (?) need to buy more than we need to make the necessary allowances  for our kitchen. Anyone used them, or know anything?

Have not used them, but have used secondhand.

If your room is a different size or shape then logic says you need spares. But you will need spares anyway for the future. What you need is your plan and a list of units / runs of worktop etc. to make sure it has sufficient for you. Unless you buy a walled-garden supplier kitchen like Ikea who are a law unto themselves, units, applicanes and worktops can be matched .. but doors and end panels are perhaps the places you need a surplus.

I had a secondhand Jessops Kitchen 5 years ago that was nearly the right size but they had an extra alcove. I still have some worktop, a couple of doors and a couple of drawers and some fixings ready for when something is broken or breaks.

Ferdinand

• 2 weeks later...