Sole plate bedding, mortar or dry?

bissoejosh

Our frame arrives on Thursday & I've one final course of blockwork to do which I'll give extra attention to in terms of levelling in preparation for the sole plates. Do people generally bed sole plates on mortar or dry lay them? I'm not expecting to need any packing if I'm careful with the final blockwork as the levels are currently within 2/4mm over 10+ meters.

14 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I would also use a foam type strip on top of the dpc

Any recommendations as I'm struggling to find anything specific for the job that isn't in the US? EPDM gasket the sort of thing you mean?

14 hours ago, JamesP said:

This is our floor, wall and roof build up.  Hand drawn. Airtight layer (VCL) inside. DPM over blockwork under DPC. I did put sealant in the bolt holes.

Floor, Wall, Roof Build up Jan 2018..pdf

Thanks, that's really useful and has helped me finalise my DPM / airtight interface.

14 hours ago, bissoejosh said:

Thanks, that's really useful and has helped me finalise my DPM / airtight interface.

We did revise the drawing I sent you, the 150mm Celotex butts up against the DPM / blockwork. Does that make sense?

150mm Celotex.jpg

21 hours ago, JamesP said:

We did revise the drawing I sent you, the 150mm Celotex butts up against the DPM / blockwork. Does that make sense?

150mm Celotex.jpg

OK, yes think that's clear. We'll be building our frame before screeding our floor so I'll put a strip of DPM under the sole plate and the join this to the main DPM when the floor is laid otherwise it'll get damaged during construction.