OH F**K!

Pocster

16 hours ago, Onoff said:

Probably saw your avatar and thought you might turn up in person! :)

Nah that didn’t happen ....

I sent them a jpeg of my avatar and simply said “ You wanna (expletive deleted) with me ? “ ?????????????????????

4 hours ago, newhome said:

F**k the avatar, what’s the news on windowgate? 

Well !

theyve offered to remake them all with a discount. Because the new windows are larger ; and even after the discount it’s even more expensive than the original quote !!!!!

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

Well !

theyve offered to remake them all with a discount. Because the new windows are larger ; and even after the discount it’s even more expensive than the original quote !!!!!

Ouch! You going to go for that?

Wonder if you can influence someone on here to build their house with walk on glass in the 'perfect' :ph34r: size. Failing that there's always fleabay, gumtree, fakebook etc I guess ..... 

3 minutes ago, newhome said:

Ouch! You going to go for that?

Wonder if you can influence someone on here to build their house with walk on glass in the 'perfect' :ph34r: size. Failing that there's always fleabay, gumtree, fakebook etc I guess ..... 

No ; I won’t go for it .

The fact that some on here think the drawings are fine and some not does prove the point of ambiguity.

Ive asked them to reconsider and not simply profit again but st a reduced rate .

Failing a suitable response CCJ will be started .let a judge decide .

Just now, pocster said:

No ; I won’t go for it .

The fact that some on here think the drawings are fine and some not does prove the point of ambiguity.

Ive asked them to reconsider and not simply profit again but st a reduced rate .

Failing a suitable response CCJ will be started .let a judge decide .

Worth a shot I reckon if you can wait a bit for the judgment to be decided, and sounds like the company will profit from you twice with their current 'offer'. There must be about a 50% mark up on the cost price surely, maybe more? 

2 minutes ago, newhome said:

Worth a shot I reckon if you can wait a bit for the judgment to be decided, and sounds like the company will profit from you twice with their current 'offer'. There must be about a 50% mark up on the cost price surely, maybe more? 

That’s what I assume .

Seems a bit greedy to try and profit twice given the situation.

Ive been to court a few times for CCJ’s and tenant arrears - this one is somewhat different so should be interesting....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pocster said:

I reckon I’ll finish my build , retire , have a trip round the world ; and your thread will still be running ?

Nah! Bathroom will be done. Hopefully nice enough that going in there will be an escape / cathartic experience. I'd like to tackle the lounge / diner knock through next but reckon it'll have to be the dormer and roof that gets sorted. All the temporary repairs have failed. When and only when the roof is done can I tackle the UPSTAIRS bathroom!

20180427_165756.thumb.jpg.409d189bd47142bbeaeff5a715626202.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Nah! Bathroom will be done. Hopefully nice enough that going in there will be an escape / cathartic experience. I'd like to tackle the lounge / diner knock through next but reckon it'll have to be the dormer and roof that gets sorted. All the temporary repairs have failed. When and only when the roof is done can I tackle the UPSTAIRS bathroom!

20180427_165756.thumb.jpg.409d189bd47142bbeaeff5a715626202.jpg

This is superb . Tasteful and functional.

You know what’s missing ? ; some glass in the floor for that novel experience....

• Haha 2

Looking back through emails to the company I did change a dimension by 10mm .

My wording was “ please find new measurements for the openings “

Now that does tell them ‘openings’ not unit size . Indeed all online walk on glass suppliers I can find ask for the opening size ......

What do we think ??

Edited by pocster

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

Looking back through emails to the company I did change a dimension by 10mm .

My wording was “ please find new measurements for the openings “

Now that does tell them ‘openings’ not unit size . Indeed all online walk on glass suppliers I can find ask for the opening size ......

What do we think ??

I think they were knobs not to double check everything with you personally, especially as they are supposed to be the experts and customers will have a massive range of knowledge from none to expert. Plus everyone will use different language to describe things if it's not totally clear. Ultimately however it will come down to what the judge thinks so make sure you have a well worded claim and a compelling argument. You don't buy a pair of trousers with a leg measurement from waist to floor for example, the leg measurement is clearly noted as 'inside leg' leaving little room for misinterpretation. Maybe you could open an enquiry with another supplier with 'my openings are XX, can you please provide a quote' and see what you get back from a different supplier? Might strengthen your case if they interpret your words as you expect them to, and good to be able to cite that example in your claim if it proves to be the case. 

• Like 1

I think they were knobs not to double check everything with you personally, especially as they are supposed to be the experts and customers will have a massive range of knowledge from none to expert. Plus everyone will use different language to describe things if it's not totally clear. Ultimately however it will come down to what the judge thinks so make sure you have a well worded claim and a compelling argument. You don't buy a pair of trousers with a leg measurement from waist to floor for example, the leg measurement is clearly noted as 'inside leg' leaving little room for misinterpretation. Maybe you could open an enquiry with another supplier with 'my openings are XX, can you please provide a quote' and see what you get back from a different supplier? Might strengthen your case if they interpret your words as you expect them to, and good to be able to cite that example in your claim if it proves to be the case. 

Good suggestions.

Already asked another supplier .

Ive also asked the ‘current’ manufacturer for new drawings based on the correct measurements. Be interesting too see if the latest drawings show the frames or not ....

• Like 1

Cunning as I am I asked the supplier for new drawings for the correctly sized glass

?

My logic was it will either be ‘ambiguous ‘ as before or they will add critical detail ?

I can now play this multiple ways .

I think they’ve hung themselves ; as they have effectively admitted unintentionally that the extra detail was required ....

Straight for the jugular? . Full refund or CCJ .....

rooflight 3 & 4.pdf

I would tell them that you will either accept a full refund and will order the new sizes from them, or you will be progressing a small claim. Do they not accept credit card?

I would tell them that you will either accept a full refund and will order the new sizes from them, or you will be progressing a small claim. Do they not accept credit card?

Don’t worry ! If I purchase from them it would be with credit card . Though most companies seem to prefer direct bank transfer ...

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Don’t worry ! If I purchase from them it would be with credit card . Though most companies seem to prefer direct bank transfer ...

Of course they do :D. Even if you pay a deposit >= £100 you will be protected. 

19 minutes ago, newhome said:

Of course they do :D. Even if you pay a deposit >= £100 you will be protected. 

Oh!

so a deposit of say £100 on cc would still cover me for the rest of payment via bank transfer ????

Hate the current company to be honest - as they never respond to my suggestions too meet half way but more than happy for another quote . Bastards !

My bait worked , so I will play for a bit before reeling in .