OH F**K!

Pocster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, pocster said:

Court Hearing date set for Dec 3rd as long as I make the court payment fee before 5th November.

I shall watch multiples episodes of "LA Law" and similar programs so that I can fully converse with the judge.

Judge (G)Rinder? :)

• Haha 2

Unless it is Judge Grindr (and even that makes the assumption that it’s a bloke) I wouldn’t go dressed as the avatar. Bit cold that time of year anyway and too early for saucy Santa ?

Just now, newhome said:

Unless it is Judge Grindr (and even that makes the assumption that it’s a bloke) I wouldn’t go dressed as the avatar. Bit cold that time of year anyway and too early for saucy Santa ?

Don’t worry ! I’ll put some * trousers * on ( that is rarer than a rare thing on national rare day ) - as I wear shorts all year round .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, pocster said:

Received court paperwork from defendant today . Nothing special . They read this particular thread so I’ll comment after the hearing .

Well you didn’t name them so none of us know who they are. You could ask a mod to hide the thread at least temporarily if you want? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newhome said:

Wonder how they found it? ?

Because I sent them an extract of the thread as part of my evidence.

I am trying to prove that it wasn't *just me* ; i.e. at least 1 other person could see potential ambiguity.....

• Haha 1

I've never seen this topic before but you are looking to see if any other person see's any ambiquity. I do detailing all day, the images you supplied on page 1 and 2 of this topic are not clear at all, they have not hatched the enamel on the glass unit and they have not defined the clear glass area. To be honest, if that's the drawing from the supplier, it's actually p*** poor.

I would have hatched the enamel which clearly defines this area, I would have dimensioned the enamel all round the glass unit, I would have dimensioned the clear glass area to avoid any confusion as well supply an installation detail on fixing. I think the onous is on the supplier, although blame may exist on both sides and the sizes signed off, the supplier are the "experts" in this area.

Edited by craig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure what you mean @craig.

The sections look fairly clear and they show upstands, the metal frame, the single pane inside the upstands, an air gap, and the larger laminated glass pane that fits right up to the edge of the frame.

The plan view shows the laminated glass shaded and I think that had it also showed the frame underneath it may have caused confusion.  Perhaps an additional plan from the underside would have been sensible.

I would have liked some annotation on the drawing and some titles and I am not clear on what "B.U" stands for.  I am not clear if this drawing was the extent of the information sent out.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

The plan view shows the laminated glass shaded

Yes it does but it does not show any of the enamelled glass, the shading of the lamination is not required here, what is needed is the positioning of the enamel and where the clear glass is located. The section drawing is a little clearer but lacks installation detail information and the enamel location being shown which should have help their client understand the drawing and detail better imho.

eab8cd6c6e05280531a690521b71f5d3.png

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, craig said:

enamelled glass

I thought this was just the frame underneath, not enamel applied to the glass. If enamel was applied to the top surface of the glass I agree that it should have been shown on the plan view.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

I am not sure what you mean @craig.

The sections look fairly clear and they show upstands, the metal frame, the single pane inside the upstands, an air gap, and the larger laminated glass pane that fits right up to the edge of the frame.

The plan view shows the laminated glass shaded and I think that had it also showed the frame underneath it may have caused confusion.  Perhaps an additional plan from the underside would have been sensible.

I would have liked some annotation on the drawing and some titles and I am not clear on what "B.U" stands for.  I am not clear if this drawing was the extent of the information sent out.

Oh don’t worry ! I’m going to ask the judge what BU stands for ! . Presumably the defendant reading this will explain it in court first ! . No confusion or ambiguity over “ B.U “ - will be very interesting......