Part G water regs for completion cert

lizzie

Can anyone tell me if to get their build completion sign off they have had to provide a cert from plumber or someone for Part G water regs.

I saw in our BC submission there was reference to caluclations at no more than 125l, I have never seen any detail on these calculations but in an old e-mail from around the the time the architect was suggesting flow limiters on taps and shower to achieve this. As far as I know we have not installed any flow limiters (but guess if we need them they can be retro fitted?)

I am not clear who should give me the cert for building control......we had one plumber to do plant room and hot and cold feeds to supply points per drawings then a completely different plumber to do a first fix from the supply feeds ready for second fix. He did second fix plumbing as well.

So two questions please...do I need a cert and if so who does it.

I remember seeing this on another forum, I think Jeremy had to fit flow limiters!. I am hoping my BCO does not know/enforce these as I have bought a very deep bath and I heard even the bath capacity is limited ?. I think it’s yet another case of who your BCO is and what he knows ( and does not know).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lizzie said:

Can anyone tell me if to get their build completion sign off they have had to provide a cert from plumber or someone for Part G water regs.

My BCO didn't mention Part G and didn't ask for a certificate. I had told him earlier in the build that all our taps and showers were aerating and that it was to be a low water usage house.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lizzie said:

Thank you....any idea where I get this form or a sample to follow of how to do my own.

https://www.nwleics.gov.uk/files/documents/water_efficiency_calculator_bredclg/Water Calculator.xls

If you scroll to the Basic Calc tab at the bottom and just fill in the first column should be fine.  If you get stuck I will post a completed one.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2018 at 09:20, Mr Punter said:

If you scroll to the Basic Calc tab at the bottom and just fill in the first column should be fine.  If you get stuck I will post a completed one.

Thank you I will have a go at it tomorrow

Is this just for England? I didn’t seem to have to do this at all for Scotland and one of the baths is a definite fail! 

Mind you, we don’t generally have water meters up here either. It seems to actually cost more money if you insist on having one. 

Guest Alphonsox
33 minutes ago, newhome said:

Is this just for England? I didn’t seem to have to do this at all for Scotland and one of the baths is a definite fail! 

Mind you, we don’t generally have water meters up here either. It seems to actually cost more money if you insist on having one. 

I couldn't find anything similar for Northern Ireland either.

Got the building inspector out tomorrow to look at house for sign off. Water not on his list of docs with neither is mvhr and both are building regs items. It maybe that they accept the initial submission and sap and not ask for any final.  Advice from various sources is conflicting so wait and see I guess. I am trying to get prepared.

Our build was nicknamed muddy hole...it is solid clay and passers by were convinced it was swimming pool being dug out.......the amount of rain since we started has been unbelievable. We have buiilt through the wettest year for eons. No need for water conservation here, drainage is more of an issue!

I can promise you a heat wave and drought from the beginning of May when we are no longer building!

Edited by lizzie

36 minutes ago, lizzie said:

Got the building inspector out tomorrow to look at house for sign off. Water not on his list of docs with neither is mvhr and both are building regs items. It maybe that they accept the initial submission and sap and not ask for any final.  Advice from various sources is conflicting so wait and see I guess. I am trying to get prepared.

Our build was nicknamed muddy hole...it is solid clay and passers by were convinced it was swimming pool being dug out.......the amount of rain since we started has been unbelievable. We have buiilt through the wettest year for eons. No need for water conservation here, drainage is more of an issue!

I can promise you a heat wave and drought from the beginning of May when we are no longer building!

Nah, the heatwave will come when you want to do the garden and the clay soil has dried to natural concrete; not thinking about my own build at all!

• Haha 1

To be clear, as @PeterW pointed out, the Building regs have changed (since the edition I was referencing!) and you no longer have to complete the spreadsheet, just confirm that none of the fittings exceed the values in table 2.1.  You don't even need to know what is in table 2.1, just confirm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

To be clear, as @PeterW pointed out, the Building regs have changed (since the edition I was referencing!) and you no longer have to complete the spreadsheet, just confirm that none of the fittings exceed the values in table 2.1.  You don't even need to know what is in table 2.1, just confirm.

Ah sorry I had not grasped that. Thank you!