No one Wants Work

Triassic

My foundations are ready for concreting, however due to a very restricted access I need a concrete pump to get the concrete from the site access gate up and over the garden to the site.  I’ve now contacted two concrete pump companies and the concrete supplier and not one has answered their phone or replied to my messages. Am I doing something wrong?

11 hours ago, Triassic said:

My foundations are ready for concreting, however due to a very restricted access I need a concrete pump to get the concrete from the site access gate up and over the garden to the site.  I’ve now contacted two concrete pump companies and the concrete supplier and not one has answered their phone or replied to my messages. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you're not doing anything wrong

Groundworks concrete quarys are so relaxed You will often find the owner knee deep in mud 

As Tenants has said Door knocking time 

i rang our haulage contractor as I hadn’t had a bill for the 12 k I owed him Multi million pound operation Told me he would take my details “ But someone’s knobbed off with THE pen”

For the pump company I used, virtually everyone was out on jobs during the day - might be best trying late afternoon when most pours might be done? We did three pours and I could see why I had trouble getting them - phones kept going in the middle of things and getting ignored. 

11 hours ago, jamiehamy said:

For the pump company I used, virtually everyone was out on jobs during the day - might be best trying late afternoon when most pours might be done? 

I’ve been ringing first thing in a morning, thinking I’d catch them before they start, I’ll try late afternoon and see if this makes a difference!

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

I’ve been ringing first thing in a morning, thinking I’d catch them before they start, I’ll try late afternoon and see if this makes a difference!

Our crew were always on site at 0730! Worth shot anyhow, fingers crossed! 

Been offering jobs to lads in their 20's - cash.  Few hours one or two nights a week.  A real challenge getting them there, so I end up doing it.  Would rather pay and get jobs done sooner.  Sign of the times?

9 hours ago, Triassic said:

Just trying to understand how these things work. You talk of “our crew”, who made up your crew?

Sorry! I used the same company three times so call them 'our' crew! I liked them the first time and they knew their stuff so they got repeat business. Glad you've got it sorted! 

Well that’s  interesting, the concreting guy only communicates via text.

You call and leave a message to confirm concrete specification, he texts it back. You call and leave a message to confirm delivery times and date, he texts you back. You leave a message asking him to visit site to check he can get the pump truck onto site and set up within the tight space in front of the garage, he texts back to say access is fine!  

On Friday I’m hoping to meet the guy face to face!

4 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Well that’s  interesting, the concreting guy only communicates via text.

You call and leave a message to confirm concrete specification, he texts it back. You call and leave a message to confirm delivery times and date, he texts you back. You leave a message asking him to visit site to check he can get the pump truck onto site and set up within the tight space in front of the garage, he texts back to say access is fine!  

On Friday I’m hoping to meet the guy face to face!

I like that - no room for dubiety over the order, dates or times! I prefer email but heyho! Good luck for Friday.