Max length of a mains power supply cable conduit mouse line.

I am considering laying a conduit for a mains 240 volt cable while the foul drain is open. The exact location of the public road mains hookup is not established but I can guess it will be within 4m of the foul drain connection.

Is it possible to pull a mains supply cable through 25 meters of buried conduit?

Note the minimum bending radius of the cable you are using. Don't have sharp bends in the duct where it comes up from / goes into the ground. Don't panic if you lose the draw string.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

We pulled through approx 20m with a 45 degree corner in middle. Nothing major.

Also take a few photos/videos before back filling and when back filling to start with. Just a little insurance policy incase they ask questions when pulling through cable at a later date.

17 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Is it possible to pull a mains supply cable through 25 meters of buried conduit?

We had 32mm ID Polyduct specified by UK Power Networks for our connection. I laid 17m with a hockey stick each end with a draw string. They pulled the cable through with no problems.

17 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Out local DNO pushed and pulled our supply cable through the 30 m duct no problem. One pushed the cable into the duct and the other applied tension on the drawstring.

• Like 1

When I went to purchase a duct the supplier asked if it was for my house or shed. Apparently the local DNO insists on a particular type of duct and marking on it. This makes it more expensive so they also sell a cheaper version for connections on site (eg to a shed).

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 23:12, Onoff said:

Note the minimum bending radius of the cable you are using. Don't have sharp bends in the duct where it comes up from / goes into the ground.

Noted I will find the official minimum radius. i am guessing a one meter radius bend would be ok.