Liebherr American Fridge Freezers

I am just off to look at an ex-display Liebherr American Fridge-Freezer model SBSES 7252, which is reduced significantly for clearance.

I think this may be the midrange one ie £2.8k rather than £1k or £5k, and does not have the gimmicks like an ice machine, but I think has the good basic stuff such as drawers which can turn into shelves, and a good life during powercuts.

The docs say it weighs 179kg, which sounds a little threatening, but I believe it comes as 2 separate units with with separate compressors etc and a thing that makes it look like one.

The reduced cost will be about the same as a decent Siemens fridge + a decent Siemens freezer, and the current ones are fridge approx 14 years old and  freezer approx 25 years old. 

Can anyone comment - worth having?

Ferdinand

I have had a Liebherr fridge freezer.  The only issue was the handles broke.  Instead of just being fixed to the door, they worked by levering against the the appliance when opening to make the magnetic seal open more easily but this made for a weakness and the replacements were expensive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I think this may be the midrange one ie £2.8k rather than £1k or £5k, and does not have the gimmicks like an ice machine, but I think has the good basic stuff such as drawers which can turn into shelves, and a good life during powercuts.

£1,899.00

http://www.appliancecity.co.uk/liebherr/fridges-and-freezers/sbsef7242/product-23032/

What are they doing with the Avios scheme / credit cards? I only have a BAEC Amex as I generally collect there but think I might have a small balance in an Avios account somewhere. 

Edited by newhome

Sorry @Onoff never read your link. I also believe they make fridges for John Lewis own brand. Probably already covered that in link ? 

I would check your avios account and switch any balance over to your BA avios account to be safe. I think 5 months left of the avios before stopped.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Sorry @Onoff never read your link. I also believe they make fridges for John Lewis own brand. Probably already covered that in link ? 

I would check your avios account and switch any balance over to your BA avios account to be safe. I think 5 months left of the avios before stopped.

Not so sure about John Lewis:

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/about-the-appliance-industry/manufacturer-information/3204-john-lewis-appliances

1 hour ago, Alexphd1 said:

AEG make JL own brand stuff now. There is an eye watering priced dual fridge/freezer/wine store that is identical to the AEG but £250 more expensive ...

Liebherr make a lot of commercial refrigeration units and also OEM their compressor and evaporator units to a variety of other manufacturers so it’s pretty likely they are in a number of other units. 

4 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

That’s the wrong one :-). it is actually an sbses7252, which is different. I have whinged about incomprehensible appliance codes designed to be untellable-apart before. It is the ghost of Harvey J Earl wreaking a terrible revenge on consumers for making him sell them all those boringly structured ranges of cars.

An SBSES7252 consists of a SKES4210 fridge and an SGNES3010 freezer, plus a gubbins to hold them together as a single unit. It is an ex-showroom model that is not available any more, and hence is being sold off (“Make Us an Offer”).

”Make Us an Offer” turned out to mean Above the Lowest Price we will Accept ! 

Thanks all. I have placed my order and it arrives later this week.

This is the beast:

SBSes%207252.jpg

SBSes%207252.jpg

This is the other one. As you can see they are entirely different. Ahem.

SBSef7242_god.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

Well, the Liebherr fridge-freezer is here, and is a stonker. .

It is also an ex-demonstration one, which I assume has a battery or a capacitor somewhere as it is still in demo mode (ie refrigeration not engaged) on being plugged in and turned on.

Does anyone know how to get a Liebherr reliably out of demo mode? B|

Otherwise I will have a chat to customer services on Monday. Also about the bulb which is non-functional, and a couple of missing screws and a missing manual. Small sacrifice for the small fortune that was off the price for something I would not normally have really considered.

I also need another bottle shelf as it will not hold enough wine/beer.

Awesome machine, though. 

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

On 21/04/2018 at 22:21, Onoff said:

I'd have expected a cat flap for that money!

Interestingly it was bang in the middle of the purchase price ranges for the Pet Walk passive pet doors.

On 21/04/2018 at 20:56, PeterW said:

@Ferdinand where did it come from out of interest ..?

It was the former showroom demonstrator model at Appliances Direct in South Normanton just off M1 J28. It has been there for at least a couple of years to my knowledge, and came with a normal 2 year warranty from the Manufacturer. I am in there several times a year so I spotted it, and a new Siemens fridge at about £600 was on the agenda anyway, and the existing freezer is about 25 years old, so it seemed to be a good idea.

Website price was £2362.97, reduced clearance price advertised in the showroom was £1700, and they went down another 10% when pushed to £1530, which was a hard limit at which they could not move further. Very much "computer says".

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

SWMBO said she would like something "bigger and wider, in black" in the kitchen. She says she means a fridge but really she means Dwayne Johnson...

:o

Edited by Onoff
  • Haha 1