Alu-clad french doors

willbish

I am looking for near passive standard aluminium clad french double doors, but am struggling for suppliers, can anyone help?

There are many window producers to chose from but so few for doors.

Considering ditching the alu-clad and just going for timber to get more choice.

Keen to see the answer on this. Will be needing a couple of sets myself. That rationel link doesn't seem to have what Id think of as french windows/doors... ie a pair of hinged glazed doors....

Guest Alphonsox
On 15/04/2018 at 21:17, Dee J said:

Keen to see the answer on this. Will be needing a couple of sets myself. That rationel link doesn't seem to have what Id think of as french windows/doors... ie a pair of hinged glazed doors....

Not at all clear is it - This is from our order :-

image.png.5d7d6d31b0870a049546691cdddb814d.png

This is the spec for the french widows on the right in this photo

Edited by Alphonsox
Image deleted due to copyright issues

We are getting inward opening ones from Rationel for our Juliette balcony sothey must do them. We aren't ordering itis our contractors but I can ask them for more details if you like? 

1 hour ago, Jude1234 said:

We are getting inward opening ones from Rationel for our Juliette balcony sothey must do them. We aren't ordering itis our contractors but I can ask them for more details if you like? 

Thanks. But early days yet. Just sufficient to know that it's possible. 

I've ordered from Norrsken. I'm having alu clad French windows upstairs, 3 sets, and sliders downstairs. All triple glazed with a paint wash finish to the interior. Prices no more than rational and a nice product. They have a showroom in Poole, Dorset.

Nice people to deal with and a good range. My French windows will be inward opening.

Edited by vivienz

Thanks all,

@ProDave no problem at all, just want more choice!

Adpol have also advised that they do 3G aluclad french doors with a choice of timber, oak, meranti or accoya.

Has anybody any had any experience of this company? No mention anywhere else on the forum