Comparing lengths of impact drivers

43 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

@Construction Channel

And for the 1st prize.....

The welshman takes gold

Dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out :D

unfortunately for you, the Englishman is keeping gold this time as that it the 061z I mentioned a couple of posts above.

just imagine me winding in flooring screws with that all day long....

Just now, Construction Channel said:

unfortunately for you, the Englishman is keeping gold this time as that it the 061z I mentioned a couple of posts above.

just imagine me winding in flooring screws with that all day long....

But then your short length wouldn't be an issue then :P

I remain, as always, ungracious in defeat xD

• Haha 1

indeed, in your line of work I can see why, I put the joists in, you go and take as much of them out as you can ;P 

the Milwaukee adaptor I linked earlier really has been fantastic for what I need it for, it has put in literally 1000's of timberlocks when sistering joists/rafters, it has also drilled quite a few 25mm holes but not as many as other trades would. I'm not sure it is rated for use in an impact driver but that's what I use it in and I haven't managed to kill it yet :) 

OK because I know Ian will like this lets summarise,

in the end, I bought the DTD154z bare for £112 delivered inc vat from eBay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Makita-DTD154Z-18v-Brushless-Impact-Driver-Bare-Unit/132530920423?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

while researching we found out:

DtD 154z and 170 are both 117mm long (120mm in the real world) the 170 is a lot more expensive but has 3 more speed/torque settings, (total 6)

the DtD 152z is 137mm (real world 135mm)

Dtd 146 is 132mm in the real world

dtd 141 is 130mm in the real world

or you can get the Dtl 061 if you wanted a real "angle driver" but i still havent found the measurement on that.

prices are what they are and you can all type product codes into amazon as well as i can :P 

note all model numbers are refering to 18v makita and the measurements are taken from the back of the body to the front of the socket without a bit in it.

• Like 1