Comparing lengths of impact drivers

Well that is frustrating. 

The dtd 154z seems to be as stubby as they get at 117mm. With 3 speeds ( I’m not fussed on settings)

The 170 is the same size with 6 speeds and nearly 3x the price. 

The only model I can get here tomorrow is the 153z ? I cant even find an official size on the poxy thing but it looks to be 137mm like the 152z.......

Wish they could make silent ones.  Neighbour across the road was using one this afternoon.  And an electric planer.  Noisy bugger.

Shall get my orbital sander and angle grinder out tomorrow I think. That will drown out The Archer Omnibus B|

21 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Not a chance, I would sooner invest in Hilti than those guys, whoever their designer is needs sacking,

Only seen one of their drills. Seemed a lot of torque in a small package but a RIDICULOUS price from memory.

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Fein..?

I colleague used to have a fein drill driver set, seemed ok, or at least on par with Makita,

But its too late for me to start swapping brands now unless I get robbed again, but even then I would be looking at Hilti or flexvolt, but realistically I would probably just stick with Makita, apart from the battery issues they are very good tools for the price.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

Milwaukee do proper right-angle impacts, but their torque rating isn't massive.

Makita do the same 061z but it's a different tool and I couldn't use that style of driver for "everyday" use

I have got one of these for when things get really tight, TBH it is a very good tool

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milwaukee-49-22-8510-Right-Angle-Attachment/dp/B000BYEJ02

My bosch one packed in last year after many years service and I purchased the new one and could not believe the improvement over the old one. You can select the torque on the new one and it will drive 4" stainless steel screws in for fun. Has loads more power than the old one