TheMitchells

Nice Plot in Charlton, North Oxfordshire.

Recommended Posts

http://assets.reapit.net/fsg/live/pdf.php?p=BAN180054&t=S

This is a lovely spot for a plot - it has outline plaaning for two detached 3 bed houses. I actually looked at buying the house behind the plot and looked at ways of accessing the field through the garden but did not think it would get planning as the road is busy and access is not ideal.  But they have gained permission for access from the lane. 

Anyone want to go half??  II have had my eye on properties in the village for a while.

I am sure there would be lots of problems to solve but it would be worth it.  Not sure how I missed this when it came out on Tuesday.  Will probably already have had loads of interest.

 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53824854.html?utm_content=v2-ealertspropertyimage&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailupdates&utm_campaign=emailupdates1day&utm_term=buying&sc_id=25620073&onetime_FromEmail=true

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks way more attractive and cheaper than Graven Hill. I hope you find someone to split it with you, very nice plots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they certainly are.  and the more I think about them, the more I like it.  The OH isnt as keen and he's away for the weekend but we'll take a look on Monday.  However, I am sure there will be lots of interest.  I may just have a read of the planning document to see what some of the problems may be.  I definately saw a CIL on there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm - while a self builder is exempt from CIL, if we were to buy the plot and build two houses, selling one, I assume we would be liable for the second house?  Maybe we could buy the plot, build ours and sell the rest for another self builder.  :ph34r: Maybe I should get the OH on board before I investigate too much.....  A tleast there are no signs of bats, newts, voles, or pretty much else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheMitchells said:

Hmm - while a self builder is exempt from CIL, if we were to buy the plot and build two houses, selling one, I assume we would be liable for the second house? 

 

Maybe you could buy the plot, build one, move in, claim the vat and CIL exemption and then build the other, move to the second one, then sell the first one? Not sure how that works out but it would need some serious money to see through. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheMitchells said:

they certainly are.  and the more I think about them, the more I like it.  The OH isnt as keen and he's away for the weekend but we'll take a look on Monday.  However, I am sure there will be lots of interest.  I may just have a read of the planning document to see what some of the problems may be.  I definately saw a CIL on there! 

Probably half the people looking at Graven Hill.

 

If you can't find a plot share quick enough to secure the plots, I would buy the whole lot, split the title and sell the "spare" plot. then you can get the CIL exemprion in place and build with no worries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats a rare find round these parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Access is a problem as it is a very narrow track.  They would not be able to get any large vehicles down there and any deliveries would have to be able to get onto the plot as the lane is blocked if anyone stops.  I drove down the other day and had to reverse back out.  Its not as bad as the other plot I almost bought till I realised just how hard it would be.  But I do think there are solutions for this one.  I'm taking the OH to see it tomorrow - he's not very keen:(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at it very briefly, whats the score with Services 

i would think it is that price for a reason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think services may be an issue.  I spoke to the Estate agents yesterday.  They have already had two offers and there has been several others wanting to view it.  The vendor is giving it another week before making a decision re selling.  There will be a little increase in the cost, methinks.  We will not be bidding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now