Anybody got Rationel composite windows with clear lacquer inside?

Jude1234

Our MC is just to order the glazing for our build.  WE are going with powder coated timber framed Rationel windows with clear lacquer on the inside.  Before they order they have been told to make us aware of this:

Please note that all Rationel products are manufactured using finger jointed timber. When finishing the timber with clear lacquer, the timber sections are both laminated and finger jointed with the “zig-zag” finger joint line only visible on the side of the frame section which will be concealed during installation. Please note; there will be still be visible internal lamination lines. Please ensure your customers’ expectations are managed regarding this during the sales negotiation process, as this is not a product defect and we cannot accept claims for such cases”.

This will take the form of a fine line running across the timber section which you would need to look at closely to see. They have obviously had complaints about it in the past and so now issue this request. Please let me know if this concerns you.

Has anyone got these frames, has it been an issue?  Obviously it is just aesthetics but it would be good to know if it is obvious.  I have asked for a picture but none has appeared yet. 

4 hours ago, Jude1234 said:

Our MC is just to order the glazing for our build.  WE are going with powder coated timber framed Rationel windows with clear lacquer on the inside.  Before they order they have been told to make us aware of this:

Please note that all Rationel products are manufactured using finger jointed timber. When finishing the timber with clear lacquer, the timber sections are both laminated and finger jointed with the “zig-zag” finger joint line only visible on the side of the frame section which will be concealed during installation. Please note; there will be still be visible internal lamination lines. Please ensure your customers’ expectations are managed regarding this during the sales negotiation process, as this is not a product defect and we cannot accept claims for such cases”.

This will take the form of a fine line running across the timber section which you would need to look at closely to see. They have obviously had complaints about it in the past and so now issue this request. Please let me know if this concerns you.

Has anyone got these frames, has it been an issue?  Obviously it is just aesthetics but it would be good to know if it is obvious.  I have asked for a picture but none has appeared yet. 

This is what they are talking about. 

https://goo.gl/images/BF2tey

• Thanks 1