Shower leaking

Pip

Hi, if anyone can help that would be great. 

My shower has always had a small small leak but never bothered me as was the odd drip every now and the. Recently it’s began gushing water. It was fitted 2 years back and one of the parts seemed odd then, and now it’s were the water is coming from.

I’m wondering if they’ve fitted it the wrong way round, as it seems the gap would be to release water back into the shower and not out of it. I’ve added photos if any plumbers can have a look and let me know that’d be great. 

I’ve taken the top one off to take a photo, the gap faces outside the shower on both top and bottom.

Also, the caulk is what I’ve done when trying to stop the leak, yes it’s crap haha.

thanks

phil

E590D2DA-E8B3-43CD-A218-4B80BC0D4148.jpeg

A1C22E4B-8E68-4EFA-B4C7-91F5E800E219.jpeg

0BF6F5AA-CA28-4665-977D-892DB295B5C9.jpeg

1BBF5945-8461-460E-9F56-056A6A5E1F30.jpeg

BA4F0A6C-F5BB-47AC-9354-D387CBB7DF88.jpeg

A16A10C2-19C9-4A8D-BE71-60D898B9BA2C.jpeg

Simply looks like that has snapped out to me. I've never seen one like that and I've fitted a LOT of showers. I'd say it was damaged whilst fitting it, so swap the top and bottom ones over maybe, but look to see if the rise and fall cam, the white / opaque looking nylon bit with the V notches in it, is the same. 

Cheers folks.

I’ll check they’re the same and try swapping them nick. Should be fun as they ‘no nailsed’ it to the tiles because the tiles were apparently not taking the drill very well. Could get messy. I’ll see if there is a solution that weakens no nails glue.

thanks again

Why not make a small clear plastic upstand and use that instead ? Some stiff clear plastic from retail packaging may do it. 

Be prepared to buy a new shower if pulling this lot apart isn't easy from the outset.

Also be prepared for the lowest tile to come away too if any moisture has got through the silicone and to the plasterboard.