RHI EPC

BMcN

Hi guys, currently deciding on my heating options.  My preliminary EPC is coming it at:

Space Heating Demand = 13473 KWh/year
Water heating demand= 2612  KWh/year

So 16,085kWh/year total.  

This brings the RHI in at £8400 over 7 year (based on a ASHP with 3.6COP).  However, I could really do with getting the EPC to come it 20000 kWh/year, which would increase the payments to around £10500.

Any ideas on how I could get the energy demand up without adversely affecting my SAP report?  

• Sad 1

When I did the sums based on the design SAP my RHI payment would total £2030 over 7 years.  It would actually be lower than that if it was based on the as built SAP as that will be better due to an error on the design SAP that had my roof insulation wrong so a poorer U value for the roof.

I concluded it is not worth the bother of claiming the RHI. I am DIY fitting my self sourced heat pump.  To get an MCS installer to supply and fit one would add more cost than I would be able to claim.

You say you would get £8400 but you would like to make your house worse so you can claim £10,500  You know that would leave you with a poor house with a high running cost long after the 7 year RHI payments have ended?  Why would you want to do that?

15 hours ago, BMcN said:

Also, does anyone know what the SPF/COP is for a NIBE F2040 ASHP?

I looked it up in FSAP2012 but couldn't see a figure anywhere.

http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/consumers/product-search?product_type_id=6770

Note the SCOP varies with the flow temperature which is installation dependent.

'F2040' in Keyword field of search

Edited by A_L
To add 'F2040..........'

5 hours ago, jfb said:

how big is the house? is it a new build?

It is 250m2 and yes new build. 

5 hours ago, ProDave said:

When I did the sums based on the design SAP my RHI payment would total £2030 over 7 years.  It would actually be lower than that if it was based on the as built SAP as that will be better due to an error on the design SAP that had my roof insulation wrong so a poorer U value for the roof.

I concluded it is not worth the bother of claiming the RHI. I am DIY fitting my self sourced heat pump.  To get an MCS installer to supply and fit one would add more cost than I would be able to claim.

You say you would get £8400 but you would like to make your house worse so you can claim £10,500  You know that would leave you with a poor house with a high running cost long after the 7 year RHI payments have ended?  Why would you want to do that?

ProDave, I am not looking to make the house worse. I am looking to see if there are any tips or tricks to maximise the RHI payments.  For example, looking at the figures for the heat pump that A_L provided, having a design temp of 40degrees for the system instead of 45, makes approx £700 difference to the payments. 

I had a look at the DIY install, but if I can get the RHI payments to be approx the same as the installation and offset the outlay with the Scottish loan scheme then it is a no brainer to pay for a Mcs install for my circumstances. 

Edited by BMcN