AndyT - solar production

AndyT

Hi Just took a reading from my solar PV for the start of the month.

Just gone through 26,000kWh of generation since 21st November 2011 - thats 2,323 days or average of 11.19kW per day.

image.png.a7584eba6152bdf1cf8928a72600b78c.png

IMG_3100.JPG

• Like 2

So about 1170 kWh/(kWp.Year)

That is quite high, but then you are only 1.5° North of me.

Having 20, 175W modules seems odd now as 250W is about the minimum fitted.

We got offered a container worth of them a few years back from a company that had miss ordered.  They were a good price back in 2011 I seem to remember.

Perhaps I should keep records of ours. 

I read the generation meter a couple of weeks ago and it was around 23.4 MWh.  System went live four years ago, and the estimate at the time was 6 MWh/year, so we seem to be about on target.  In contrast, we've had the heating and hot water running 24/7 for two years, plus charging my car every weekday, and the total site consumption from the grid seems to be averaging around 2 MWh/year over the past couple of years.  When we're finally moved in I reckon our grid consumption will probably be around the same, maybe less, as I won't be charging the car as much, and although I try and charge when we have an excess of generation, there are quite  few days/weeks/months when that doesn't happen, so I'd guess that the car has used around 200 to 250 kWh/year from the grid, maybe more.

I have a meter in the house that just records the house consumption, so everything that's fed from the grid to the consumer unit, which includes all the house-related stuff, like heating, hot water, ventilation, lighting etc.  That's showing an annual consumption that's a bit less than the main meter, the annual average seems to be around 1550 kWh, or a bit under 12 kWh/m2, which is at least under the PH limit.  It looks like the car and garage have upped consumption a fair bit (relatively......).  That's probably reasonable, as there has been a fair bit of work going on in the garage during the build, plus all the power for things like the cement mixer, saws etc has been in there. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, AndyT said:

HSE - tubs must be drained cleaned and sanitised on changeover days.

If only they were. I have seen way too many nastry things in the filters.  Worse job I have done was cleaning the YMCA Sheffield spa bath filter.

6 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

If only they were. I have seen way too many nastry things in the filters.  Worse job I have done was cleaning the YMCA Sheffield spa bath filter.

Did you volunteer? :)