Used Harvey/twinteck water softener question

8ball

I have seen quite a few 2nd hand water softeners at about half the price they are new but am worried about the costs involved if the machine does not operate correctly.

Has anyone had a Harvey/Twinteck twin tank non electric and had to have it serviced and what cost involved?

Cheers Buildies^_^

I've had Harveys and TwinTec softeners and not had them serviced. They've been ok for up to around ten years old without being serviced. AIUI it's a pain refilling the cylinders with resin on that type compared to some others.

2 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

I've had Harveys and TwinTec softeners and not had them serviced. They've been ok for up to around ten years old without being serviced. AIUI it's a pain refilling the cylinders with resin on that type compared to some others.

Thanks for the reply PeterStark, I'm just a bit nervous about buying a used machine as I have never used one before and have no idea what type of things can go wrong with them and the costs involved in fixing them.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty fixing/fiddling with stuff if things go wrong with machines so would try and do any servicing myself if need be.

Ah well I suppose that's what comes of buying second hand machines eh

• Like 1