Solar panels and SAP/EPC

BMcN

6 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Just to update, in the end i went the FIT direction. £4.9k, 4.7kw in roof system. Ok branded black panels, GSE in roof kit but no inverter ( I ended up with 4kw SMA inverter in the bulk deal with solar thermal panels). Little mark up here and there but i reckon its costing me all in approx £1200 extra for the FIT, My slater (me) is also in charge of installing the gse kit.

what FIT company will you be using? I will need 2.5Kw fitted. I have had two quotes so far £3850 and £4500.

• 2 months later...
On 29/03/2018 at 15:50, vivienz said:

I looked into getting an MCS PV install recently, in north Dorset. I couldn't even get a quote from the firm's I tried, they said their installers were booked for the foreseeable future. Sounded rather like bs  and they just didn't want the work but it does negate the argument over whether to go for an MCS install.

I rang two local installers yesterday, one didn’t answer the phone but a recorded message said they were fully booked until March next year, the second also said he wasn’t doing quotes or taking on installation work at the moment.

In the end, I've managed to get an MCS install but it is expensive. The break even point for me, taking into account self-consumption is just under the 10 year mark. I'm okay with this as the system has a 25 year life span and I can afford to take the longer view.

I'm planning to do a blog post over the weekend on the systems I'm putting into my build so I will put more detail in that.

• Like 3