vivienz

I'm proposing that our downstairs loo will have a fixed window to stop people opening it and messing up the MVHR.  I've been looking at the duofresh cistern from Geberit - has anyone installed/used one of these?  Do they work?

• 1 month later...

Only hijacking @vivienz's thread as it's recent on the subject. So I'm DIY'ing my own version of this. The Geberit system I have being too old to have it incorporated.

So far I've CT1'd an elbow into the top of the cistern:

20170722_092015

Then taken a 32mm pipe in solvent weld up into the loft:

2017-08-10_07-24-52

20170810_182052

In terms of a fan unit I've found this in the stash of "that'll come in handy one day" parts and a suitable 24vdc power supply is no problem. It'll probably be triggered by some short range proximity sensor + timer when you sit on / stand next to the loo.

20180425_061834

20180425_061842

Spec for the fan is:

DC Fans Tubeaxial, 60x25mm 24VDC, 27.1CFM, Ball

I'm thinking to either fit this in an adaptable box or square section ducting. 

Is the 27.1CFM adequate for the application do we think?

Cheers

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PeterW said:

It’s a bit much tbh and you may “feel it” and definitely hear it as that looks like a server fan ..!

It was out of a dead variable speed drive from memory. I'm sure I have some around half this size...

27.1 CFM = 46m3/h = 12.7 l/s,  more than twice the required WC extract rate for Building Regs!!

In my design I planned on just over 6l/s for the WC room plus just under 6l/s split between two cisterns.  I ended up with 3 - 3.5 l/s per pair of cisterns and that is fine, no complaints of lingering smells. This gives 11.8 - 13.7% of your potential flow, however you will need to take in account pressure losses!

I measures the cistern flow pipe before the toilet seat was mounted, wouldn't know how to do it now that are fitted!

@le-cerveau,  how about 7.77 CFM?

About 25% of the first one. Thinking though that my diy set up will be lossy around the flush plate?

20180425_113452.thumb.jpg.635cf147fbda28085d88dacc91c41890.jpg

Or...I fit the bigger one and a little pwm speed drive. If I can smell it, I turn it up!

Something like this:

https://www.esr.co.uk/products/frame_motor-control.htm

Edited by Onoff