As @jack has said.

If the inspector said "let us know when plastering is complete" that's your get out of jail free card.

Simply leave one (least needed) area void of plaster and get the rest of the house complete.

Well done :D

Edited by RichS
typo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RichS said:

As @jack has said.

If the inspector said "let us know when plastering is complete" that's your get out of jail free card.

Simply leave one (least needed) area void of plaster and get the rest of the house complete.

Well done :D

My wife’s exact words 

40 minutes ago, nod said:

Well the council inspector has been

Walked in and said 

You’ve no plaster on the walls

Said let us know when you are completely plastered out and we will re assess 

When we deem it fit 

We will give you three months at 100% discount while you finish off

and 50% there after

We were supposedly in arrears by 2800 

which would have nearly doubled byChristmas

We are both very relieved

Thank you all for you support after a really bad week

Gary 

That is still not right. He has only "given you" 3 months grace.  What if you are like me and expect it to be well over a year until completion?

If you are happy you will finish in 3 months then fine, but I would still be fighting.

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That is still not right. He has only "given you" 3 months grace.  What if you are like me and expect it to be well over a year until completion?

If you are happy you will finish in 3 months then fine, but I would still be fighting.

Yeah seems pretty adamant

we hope to be in for Christmas 

8 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I read it as three months from when it's plastered (or maybe even some time after that - ie, from when they re-assess and then "see fit" to start the three month period). 

This fits in with the three month deemed completion notice protocol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jack said:

I read it as three months from when it's plastered (or maybe even some time after that - ie, from when they re-assess and then "see fit" to start the three month period). 

This fits in with the three month deemed completion notice protocol.

Correct 

I was expecting to skim the house out in a week

Ive had a good look around today

I think maybe eight weeks to completely skim out ?

• Like 1

Well it’s taken us 11 days with some real pigs of details such as dormers and curved ceilings ... and I’m now waiting for 3 weeks for him to come back as he’s maxed out so I reckon you can use me as a benchmark for a good 8-10 week timeframe ... B|

You can bet the 'young lady' is going to spend the weekend griping about people who don't want to pay their way at the very least.  At the 'best' end of the spectrum she will be whinging about not being appreciated and getting into bother for 'trying to do her job' and ungrateful bosses :D

What do they do if you need to earn enough money to make a start on the next thing? So you may need a few months to be able to afford to get it plastered (for example). Not everyone has cash available to work on the whole lot consecutively with no stops surely? Some people will deffo be completing tasks on an earn / pay as you go basis.  

Edited by newhome

29 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Well it’s taken us 11 days with some real pigs of details such as dormers and curved ceilings ... and I’m now waiting for 3 weeks for him to come back as he’s maxed out so I reckon you can use me as a benchmark for a good 8-10 week timeframe ... B|

Myself and my lad normally skim 60 boards per day on houses Bit more on commercial 

39 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

You can bet the 'young lady' is going to spend the weekend griping about people who don't want to pay their way at the very least.  At the 'best' end of the spectrum she will be whinging about not being appreciated and getting into bother for 'trying to do her job' and ungrateful bosses :D

Yes they were chalk and cheese 

The one that started it all was so aggressive and uncompromising 

Telling me that that self builders are treated the same as everyone else

The one that came down today did mention mainstream builders

But added that we wouldn’t compare you with them

I bet she wasn’t there more than five minutes 

She didn’t go upstairs or in the kitchen area

Just stood in the hallway about a metre from the front door

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, newhome said:

What do they do if you need to earn enough money to make a start on the next thing? So you may need a few months to be able to afford to get it plastered (for example). Not everyone has cash available to work on the whole lot consecutively with no stops surely? Some people will deffo be completing tasks on an earn / pay as you go basis.  

I think the message here for all of us is to not fully plaster till you have everything in place 

Ive just plastered two self builds out in Cumbria Just before Christmas Both W aren’t ready for the kitchens to be boarded let alone plastered 

Im booked to go back in May 

I don’t think they were having problems with the council

think they just hadn’t found a kitchen design that they liked

Definitely a wake up call