Max reach of a scaffolding bridge over a pitched roof.

I want to build my house in the wrong order and I am concerned this will make a later roofing job problematic.

The part of the house I want to complete first is a single story utility block measuring 4m x 3m across, this will contain a toilet and utility area where the LPG boiler and electrical consumer unit will be hosted. The single story utility block extends from a larger 2 story block 4m x 4.5m. When the roofing the 2 story main portion of the house commences I assume the roofers will need a continuous working platform around the whole perimeter of the 2 story house as there are no gable ends (it is all hipped roof ends).

When the scaffolders arrive for the final roofing lift would they be able to bridge across the finished single story section with its finished pitched roof? The length of the bridged span with will 3m.

24m is the longest I’ve seen with a set of truss rails across a railway line ... 3m is the span of a normal pole so don’t worry unless your roofers are the sort who frequent McDonalds on the way to site every morning ...

12 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

I want to build my house in the wrong order and I am concerned this will make a later roofing job problematic.

[...]

When the scaffolders arrive for the final roofing lift would they be able to bridge across the finished single story section with its finished pitched roof? [...]

Yes, they will.

We have decided to build in what the trades call the wrong order.  In our case, for the builder, the term 'wrong'  meant Not what we always do, and we don't want to think about what you , the customer wants.   

Out of caution, and in the light of experience locally trying to find labour, we asked our (now ex ) builder to put the roof on first.

"Nah, mate, can't do dat. 'S aw rong"

"Thats interesting, tell us why? "

A quick email to and phone call with the SE, a chat with the architect resulted in a simple drawing from the SE, explaining where the temporary support needed to be installed while putting the roof on before the first floor.

Exit the builders  stage left : they would not guarantee  they could find a roofer before  rain ruined the first floor. 

That flushed them out didn't it?

So, it's back to the full-on DIY self-build means self-build experience. If I can't take a joke, shouldn'a started should I?