Ethernet, wifi over power lines - experience anyone?

I noticed that Screwfix are selling twin power sockets which also provide ethernet and wifi:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/wifi-connekt-single-band-n300-13a-2-gang-switched-socket-with-ethernet-2-0a-usb-starter-kit/1571T?kpid=1571T&ds_kid=92700030947269124&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1248181&ds_rl=1249481&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Z3VBRC-ARIsAEQifZSltcGt2EjWr_wpOk0v7W9npZTK4DFS9yrv0E9L3PxrlkR5RgwClmoaAiioEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKOz8K_36NkCFdPiGwod66kApw 

Keene electronics also.

Has anyone any experience of using these?  

I think at one stage Schneider were selling them but can't see that they are now.

Maybe this concept is very difficult to make reliable?

Edited by Fallingditch
typo

The reliability of these is location specific, they work for some. I gave up on mine when trying to lay on an internet connection to a garage office 20 ft away from the main house, the up time for the link was nearly as bad as a one bar wifi connection from the same main house. The link would work for 20 minutes then sulk until I reset one end of the link. 

You have the same problem as a plug in powerline adaptor, just neater.  For a self builder it is a no brainer to just install Network points, for a retrofit then it is neater than the plug in adaptors, however, if they are not on the same circuit, you can get problems, if there is noise on your mains, you can get problems, I doubt it is compatible with Sky PoE (more problems).

The Wi-Fi will also be limited, just by antenna size alone!

Cleaner is separate Data (with PoE if required) from mains and proper AP's

I am the extreme with 72 data ports (internal and external) , 4 x AP's, 2 x Layer 2 managed switches, a Router/Firewall and separate modem.

I use the Netgear AV500 plug in powerline adapters all over the house and never had one problem with them, lots of traffic from streaming servers, Tado heating system, gaming etc.

I must be lucky with my set up as I do hear people having problems. I even use one of them on a extension cord which is advised against and it works exactly the same as at the plug socket.

Done :D

I was using a pair. Not bad but would crap out on occasion whilst my boy, in the same room but plugged into the one working Ethernet port was happily online.

Now ditched in favour of an 8-port switch and I've livened up all the Ethernet ports in the room (at last :) ) Much more reliable. 

Netgear powerlines worked great in my two previous sub 20 year old houses but no matter what I did or where I placed them the exact same units would not work at all in my parents 150 year old farm house. So they seem property dependent to me.

I noticed Virgin are shipping these with their new V6 TiVo and SuperHub3 set ups these days. You get a pair of powerline boxes to connect the TiVo  to the internet, and it only defaults to wifi if the physical link is unavailable.