Building Regs 4 Plans

My plot has detailed planning permission to build a 1500 sq ft house and I am happy to build what has been approved with just a few minor tweaks. The current design plan falls a long way short of what is required for building control or for trades to provide a detailed quote for stages of the build. The current high level plan is also not owned by me. To save money I intend to produce a cleansheet interpretation of the approved house plan in sufficient detail to support a new build full plan application to my local Building Control office.

The design material at www.buildingregs4plans.co.uk looks ideal for helping on my solo design effort but I need reassurance because that business site feels moribund. The main intro video on the site was made in 2014 and in such a low resolution the detail is unreadable, then there is the site's business blog where the most recent entry is early 2015. I am concerned the designs there might not reflect the latest standards.

Has anyone heard good things about the site? 

If you have the drafting skills you should be able to do this yourself realy. Provide you stick with the main planning shape and limitations if any (EG ridge height) you probably only need about 10 drawings. If you look at the JSHarris blog site he gives a check list for all to follow which worked for us other than needing a part R note as some hinge about the flammability of the outer skin. 

3 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Has anyone heard good things about the site? 

I tried it and paid the fee

Although it sort of helped as it meant i could cut and paste the text on each subject there was a lot that had to be changed so not sure it actually saved me time.

would i do it again --no not worth the fee