The cost of waterproof concrete

Triassic

iI’ve found that there’s only one local supplier of waterproof concrete. I’ve got a quote, but be honest im unsure  if their quote is competitive or not. 

£145 per m3 ex VAT for a C28/35 (350 0.45) w/r sika w/t CEM 1 S3 Pump 10mm.

What do you think?

How much are you paying for concrete locally?

Edited by Triassic

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

It’s good to know the price of ordinary concrete. It’s been suggested that the waterproof admix is £24 per sachet and a sachet will do a m3.

How does that stuff vary from this:

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p80460?table=no

I've used it in every mix I've done for the last few years. Intend building a car pit and shuttering and casting the walls using this stuff in the mix.

Different stuff?

Edited by Onoff

I’ve talked to a number of admix suppliers and they do make this waterproofing chemicals stuff sound like a black art.

Taking the cost of the admix into consideration, it sounds like my only local batch plant has a £35m3 mark up on waterproof concrete.

Edited by Triassic

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

How does that stuff vary from this:

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p80460?table=no

I've used it in every mix I've done for the last few years. Intend building a car pit and shuttering and casting the walls using this stuff in the mix.

Different stuff?

Hi

be careful of using that to tank underground. It says plasticiser on the tub which means ,amongst other thing it adds air bubbles to the mix. 

8 minutes ago, Luckylad said:

Hi

be careful of using that to tank underground. It says plasticiser on the tub which means ,amongst other thing it adds air bubbles to the mix. 

Label on the back says it includes a deaerator in it. Tamping stuff down and hardly any bubbles come up.

Have a look at the data sheet:

https://www.everbuild.co.uk/product/202-integral-liquid-waterproofer/

Confusing tbh. Says not for use in structural concrete...guessing different stuff to what you guys are looking at.

Edited by Onoff

7 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Label on the back says it includes a deaerator in it. Tamping stuff down and hardly any bubbles come up.

Have a look at the data sheet:

https://www.everbuild.co.uk/product/202-integral-liquid-waterproofer/

Confusing tbh. Says not for use in structural concrete...guessing different stuff to what you guys are looking at.

The structural concrete comment is because to meet a strength requirement (ie RC35) the mix has to use gauged additives that are certified for use in that area and have the appropriate certification. 

Mixing your own will never meet that criteria hence the warning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

The structural concrete comment is because to meet a strength requirement (ie RC35) the mix has to use gauged additives that are certified for use in that area and have the appropriate certification. 

Mixing your own will never meet that criteria hence the warning. 

So no good for car pit walls? There won't be an SE in sight.

58 minutes ago, Onoff said:

So no good for car pit walls? There won't be an SE in sight.

Would be fine assuming the car pit wall wasn’t supporting a small bridge or providing structural support for a building .... The trick is to cast wet on wet and and keep going so you’ve no dry bridges in the concrete - poker helps as does a retarder but not sure they are compatible with each other. 

• Like 1