Telescopic pocket doors

Has anyone installed any telescopic pocket doors?

We have an opening from the hallway to the open plan living area.

The opening corresponds to the fully glazed front door & glazed skylights so on entering the house you can see straight through the rear sliding patio doors to rear garden & woodland beyond.

There will be times when we would like to close this opening with a kind of moving wall or possibly a glazed partition.

We do not have the space on one side to allow for centre opening pocket doors so would need a system that telescopes into the wall on one side.

We can make the timber stud wall any width to allow for this.

In fact I think we are going to duct an SVP (well insulated & soundproofed) through this wall to the upstairs shower room.

APP01 Ground floor plan 200717 D A1.pdf

Hi Peter,

We have visited the Eclisse showroom as it is not far from us.

Actually they do not really have anything on show or keep anything in stock.

They said we would not be able to have telescopic glass doors with their system.

We may end up going for solid doors that look like part of the wall when they are closed.

Our joiner has never fitted telescopic pocket doors but I am sure they can't be that difficult.

Or can they??:/

Edited by Moira Niedzwiecka

Look at sf20 glass slide system from sunflex, only need top and bottom rail and could fit the rails into the stud so the glass doors all slide into the wall. They are designed for partitions mainly or external use where fully weather proof is not needed.

They are far from cheap though. We used them for our new garden room extension as a way to close off from the lounge.  Wish we didn't order the jambs now but you live and you learn :)

Edited by j_s
Update

50 minutes ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

I was hoping to get away without a bottom rail

Hmmm

https://www.directdoors.com/doors/eclisse-10mm-clear-glass-double-pocket-door-no-des/

Expensive................. I'm going to have double sliding pocket doors but going to use some oak glass panel doors that I got off gumtree.

Door.jpg

• 1 year later...

Do look at other threads on sliding doors. They are fine for doors that are normally left open or closed but can be a pain for a frequently used door. 

Glass is quite heavy so hard work to accelerate and decelerate to avoid it crashing into the frame. Try before you buy.