Swindon National Self build & Renovation Centre worth a visit?

I am keen to absorb as much info as possible before a JCB commences digging of the foundations. I reckon that is 2 months away.

Is the permanent self build exhibition at Swindon worth a look? We plan to spend a day and a half at the large NEC show later this month and Swindon is further away probably a 3.5 hour journey.

My concern about the Swindon venue is that the list of trade stand looks extensive and I cannot imagine all of these are populated by expert staff for a handful of daily midweek visitors. 

If you go mid week there will be no staff on any stand,

it is a brilliant place, but if you are going to the nec one then,there is not a lot of point as you would have seen it all there. 

I live about half an hour away and pop in regularly, but normally to pick up a brochure, not to talk to anybody as most of the stands are unmanned. 

15 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Is the permanent self build exhibition at Swindon worth a look? We plan to spend a day and a half at the large NEC show later this month and Swindon is further away probably a 3.5 hour journey.

My concern about the Swindon venue is that the list of trade stand looks extensive and I cannot imagine all of these are populated by expert staff for a handful of daily midweek visitors. 

I’ve been to both and wouldn’t bother going to Swindon unless it was for one of their twice yearly shows.  You won’t see much there that you wouldn’t see at the NEC one, apart from a few more permanent displays e.g example foundations and the Potton show home.

Agree on Swindon......I wouldnt bother unless it was a specific open day/exhibition etc otherwise its dead no one to talk to other than a few centre staff who are not there to help with questions on exhibitors products. We went to a pre arranged supplier meet there which was ok but basically its just a huge building full of mostly unmanned stalls. You can use a scanner and scan barcodes for info to be sent to you.........I scanned all sorts of weird things, our postie was weighed down for weeks LOL.

NEC etc a much better bet.

1 hour ago, epsilonGreedy said:

[...]

I will spend the Swindon trip money on a nail gun instead and practice making a stud wall.

Whatcha gonna buy then?

I bought a DeWalt second-fit nailer. Only because the Bosch one was so universally badly reviewed, and subsequently withdrawn from sale.

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

Whatcha gonna buy then?

I bought a DeWalt second-fit nailer. Only because the Bosch one was so universally badly reviewed, and subsequently withdrawn from sale.

I like the Hitachi featured in this review though be warned at this point in time I am more competent in the operation of a kiddie's water pistol. At 10Kg the weigh could be a problem.

Sorry about the post format, Google Chrome did something devious.

Hitachi vs Dewalt DCN692 18v Cordless Framing Nailer Review