Best find a tradesman website to use?

I’m on the lookout for a trades person than can properly install a single room Heat Recovery Vent into a 2nd floor flat.

I put details about how the job is around 7.5m off the ground in this thread:-

I thinking on using one of the “Trust a trader” type sites from the following list but unsure what one to try first:-

www.trustatrader.com

www.mybuilder.com

www.ratedpeople.com

www.myjobquote.co.uk

I did try and go with a recommendation but the person said they would come the next week to check the job out and then never returned any of my texts after that.

Any tips or recommendation appreciated.

Thanks, DD.

We discussed this a while back and the consensus was none of them were any good as almost without exception they bock bad reviews.

As an electrician all my work comes from recommendations form satisfied customers, and many tell me they just ask n the likes of Facebook etc for a recommendation and my name often comes up. So if you "do" social media, try asking there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ProDave said:

We discussed this a while back and the consensus was none of them were any good as almost without exception they bock bad reviews.

As an electrician all my work comes from recommendations form satisfied customers, and many tell me they just ask n the likes of Facebook etc for a recommendation and my name often comes up. So if you "do" social media, try asking there.

Agree ! It’s pot luck with these websites . I do exactly as Dave says I ask on fb - someone always knows someone ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

I’ve a good friend who is an electrician He described them as a Dutch auction 

He showed me reviews of so called electrical contractors that also tidy gardens and paint your house 

1 hour ago, Redoctober said:

You might wish to look at "Local Heroes" aligned to British Gas- I have used them twice recently for separate jobs - electrician and Plumber - Very good service.

PW.

I’ve heard the add 

BG guarentee the work for twelve months Sounds much better than all the others