I really struggled to find anyone to build what I wanted.  In the end,  a local architectural technician detailed it all and a local firm of builders made and erected the frame. I am dong all the rest myself.

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

I really struggled to find anyone to build what I wanted.  In the end,  a local architectural technician detailed it all and a local firm of builders made and erected the frame. I am dong all the rest myself.

Fair comment looks great by the way how did the costs compare

Edited by Ian D
add on

Worth getting a quote from to see how they compare. For us they were the most expensive that quoted, and want a big figure up front to do the detail design. IIRC the quote is not fixed until the detail design is complete.

Seemed to me to be a high quality build solution, although their "patented" foundation/floor seemed a bit over-complicated compared to an insulated slab.

They also offer an option where they'll train you how to assemble their frame and then supply only.

3 minutes ago, IanR said:

Worth getting a quote from to see how they compare. For us they were the most expensive that quoted, and want a big figure up front to do the detail design. IIRC the quote is not fixed until the detail design is complete.

Seemed to me to be a high quality build solution, although their "patented" foundation/floor seemed a bit over-complicated compared to an insulated slab.

They also offer an option where they'll train you how to assemble their frame and then supply only.

Thank you who did you end up using 

Just now, IanR said:

Touchwood Homes for the frame and Advanced Foundation Technology for the slab - I can thoroughly recommend both of them.

TW and AFT work together on a lot of projects.

I will have a look at them 

We had quote from Beattie. Spent a lot of time with them saw various projects of theirs.

Lovely people, 

really liked their product but what made the decision for us (and it was the only reason) was that the company we went with offered a slab and frame package and Beattie didnt.  We were advised it was a safer and easier route  to have frame and slab from same provider and so that made the decision.

No experience of Beattle beyond that but I really liked them and regretted we had to say no.

• Like 1

@Ian D i looked at beattie, signed up to go to their training session. got a quote from them to design a stick build that i would then build and canceled the training. i could buy a kit for the price of the design O.o

went along the route of an i beam construction reckoned in the end that it would be easier than twin stud construction

• Like 1