As built SAP and EPC

Guest Alphonsox

Guest Alphonsox

It's that time of the build when I need to find someone to register an as built SAP and EPC. I've got all the data including a completed FSAP 2009 database and air tightness report so am really looking for someone to push a few buttons.

Anyone got any recommendations ? - This is for a Northern Ireland build if that makes any difference.

Guest Alphonsox
25 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

This is the guy I used. Of hand I think it was only  about £50 but that was over 3 years ago. My architect gave me his number and I phoned him up and sent through all my bits and he done his work. 

http://www.ctlindsayarchitect.com/sap-epc/

Exactly what I was looking for - Thanks

Guest Alphonsox
Just now, dpmiller said:

As I'm currently faffing about with FSAP2012 to do the "as designed" for ours, this is timely. Keep me posted please.

Our "as designed" was done with FSAP2009 and a PDF editor to remove the watermark. BC were quite happy to accept this.

Guest Alphonsox
24 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

Actually, I've got a question...

Are we still meant to be using 2009 in NI rather than 2012?

That's funny - I was going to ask you the same thing !!

I'm still using 2009 as that was the requirement when I started the build in 2014. I know of no change since then. In fact the NI Building Control website links to a Regulations Document that cites  "The Government’s Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) for Energy Rating of Dwellings: 2009 Edition: www.bre.co.uk/filelibrary/SAP/2009/SAP-2009_9.90.pdf" as its reference for all things SAP. So I would guess 2012 never made it across the Irish Sea.

I'm  reading it that same way.

In  AD F1 (2012)

"SAP – the Government s Standard Assessment Procedure for Energy
Rating of Dwellings: 2009 edition, or any later edition approved by the
Department."

But no confirmation that any later edition was so approved is obvious

Guest Alphonsox

I've just checked the BRE site - All SAP calculations must be done using approved software, There is no SAP2012 software approved for use in Northern Ireland

• 1 year later...