Sap assessment

Could anybody tell me roughly what I will pay to get a sap assessment ready for building regs. 

I think a few of you on here have done your own, how complicated is this, I’m just a thicko, but the wife’s the intellectual so I may have to get her involved. 

Cheers russ. 

4 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Could anybody tell me roughly what I will pay to get a sap assessment ready for building regs. 

I think a few of you on here have done your own, how complicated is this, I’m just a thicko, but the wife’s the intellectual so I may have to get her involved. 

Cheers russ. 

I paid £200 and a further 50 to make a few changes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I paid £140 for as built SAP and showed them my PHPP output for the design.

• Like 1

The As Built SAP has to be uploaded by an Accredited person, and my experience was that they wouldn't take someone elses As Designed SAP as a starting point to reduce the fee.

From memory I paid £175 for the As Designed and then a further £35 for the update to As Built and the upload to register it. 

Edited by IanR
costs corrected
  • Like 1

As built SAP for my new home was £190 in January 2018, BC wanted it done by some one certified.

How ever the water efficiency calculations could be done by me (what a wast of time) you put in a few numbers and the sum has to be less than a certain number.

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Thanks for that chaps, at those sort of prices I don’t think I will even bother looking into doing it myself. 

I think for how busy your going to be Russell

The diy route isn’t practical 

• 2 weeks later...

Who are you using for these SAP assessments?  A local real person or an online tool?

I managed to fudge something to get a mortgage sorted but don't think it will cut it for Building Regs so need to get some help, particular if BC insist on it being done by someone certified. £200 would be money well spent so I can spend time on other things.