Signed off

Gone West

The BCO came yesterday for his final visit and to let me know what remaining documentation he wanted. He couldn't believe the air tightness of 0.47m3/m2.h as it was the lowest he had seen and that he usually saw results around the 4m3/m2.h. I didn't think it was especially low, but it was a point in my favour. Today I received the completion certificate, so now I can insure it as a normal house and start the VAT reclaim. I can only praise the experience I had with Building Control.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to you both. I saw it part finished and it was fantastic. I'm sure it looks even better now.

Hoping that everytime I use my wall mounted wc I'll think of you and it'll inspire me! 

(To those unaware Peter kindly gave me a couple of his surplus Geberit fittings :) )

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Hoping that everytime I use my wall mounted wc I'll think of you and it'll inspire me! 

Using it without finishing it might leave you with the odd, very odd, puddle although I agree you will be inspired.:D

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

Congratulations to you both. I saw it part finished and it was fantastic.

I was fortunate to be able to visit recently and whilst there is some work still to be done it is a credit to them both, it is luverlly.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

you have probably got another pile of paperwork to deal with when you start the demolition. ?

The BCO said I just had to fill in a Section 80 form, which is only one page, and it doesn't cost anything. Mind you taking it down will cost a lot more.

51 minutes ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Hi Peter,

Your house is inspirational.

Congratulations.

Is the genvex combi working as you had hoped?

I am still undecided about my MVHR & DHW.

Thank you Moira. Yes the Genvex is working fine. Looking at the specifications for the Combi185 I think the small one 'S' would only work in a well insulated flat and the larger one 'LS', which we have, would only work in a well insulated small house like ours. I did look into using a Sunamp PV and separate MVHR near the end but the ventilation and DHW side of the build were too far advanced to change things.