Posted (edited)

Cheers.

For some reason my parent was identified as Policy Holder, Main Driver, and Rated Driver (that last is an Admiral concept for which I have not fully understood the rationale ... I would think that it should be the same as Main Driver).

Simply changing the Main Driver to me reduced the £380 proposed premium to around £230 for fully comp / protected NCD / business use for all 3 drivers. MY parent just turned 80. THis being Admiral, the Main Drivers gets NCD credit for Admiral policies only, in addition to the usual transferable Policy Holder NCD Credit.

Incidentally, Admiral no longer load your premium for having attended a speed awareness course.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

3 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Simply changing the Main Driver to me reduced the £380 proposed premium to around £230 for fully comp / protected NCD / business use for all 3 drivers. 

That sounds much closer to what I would expect. I have to have business use on mine for the very occasional business trip. I did a search to see how much the business use increased the cost and without business use it was more expensive. Go figure. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, newhome said:

I did a search to see how much the business use increased the cost and without business use it was more expensive. Go figure. 

I'd speculate that someone has a relative working for Network Rail. :ph34r:

"It's safer when she's away on business, Fergus. Turns up at 1am to yell at us about parking. It's like bluddy Edinburgh. Total bampot."

F

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I'd speculate that someone has a relative working for Network Rail. :ph34r:

"It's safer when she's away on business, Fergus. Turns up at 1am to yell at us about parking. It's like bluddy Edinburgh."

:D Network Rail haven’t been back though and if you think I’m scary you should see my neighbour in her PJs yelling at them :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, newhome said:

:D Network Rail haven’t been back though and if you think I’m scary you should see my neighbour in her PJs yelling at them :D

Aha. So it worked and they have been back whilst you were not there.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ferdinand said:

Aha. So it worked and they have been back whilst you were not there.

I have been here tho what with the snow, working from home etc. If you had the choice of using a nearby access where no one was there or confronting rabid home owners which would you choose? In this case attack seems to have been the best defence :)  Passivity just seemed to make the situation worse for us. 

• Like 2