Anyone replaced the drum bearings on a wasing machine?

ProDave

I have a Daewoo direct drive washing machine model DWD-G1441S

The drum bearings are on their last legs.  Ir replacement feasible or even possible?

I have taken the motor rotor off for a look. I can see the outer bearing and the drum shaft.

It looks like a bit of a major strip down to gain access to split the drum outer casing.  Then what?

First thing would be to push the shaft through and withdraw the drum How do I do that? just hit the shaft with a hammer?

Then if I manage that how do I get the bearings out? I assume there will be 2. How tight will they be? can I drive them out with a hammer and a bar?  I can't see as I can apply heat as the drum outer casing is plastic.

Any thoughts as to whether this is possible if somewhat difficult, or not?

I had a Hoover or a Hotpoint, can't remember which. But the bearing was moulded into the plastic drum.  If failed and there was no fix.  The manufacturer had discontinued the model after about 18 months it was so unreliable.

I got my money back (and 100 quid extra) from the retailer under the EU extended warrantee.

Got a Bosch one now, not had any problems with it.

I was surprised when I opened the machine to find a date sticker telling me it was made in 2006. I didn't realise we had had it that long, though I knew it was more than 5 years so no hope of any form of guarantee.

Unlike any previous washing machine we have had, this one up until now has been totally reliable, and it still looks like new, so I feel it is worth a try, though once I bite the bullet and start stripping it down, if id does prove unrepairable then I have effectively killed it. So I might delay the strip down until it gets somewhat worse.  It is still working but now very noisy on it's spin cycle due to the worn bearing.

14 hours ago, Onoff said:

And you will find the same question now on another forum you know.

I am reluctant to start stripping it unless someone actually says yes you can do it, even if they say it is a bugger of a job.

I am sure it is the inner bearing that has failed, and on that link, that is no longer available, but I am hoping it is just a standard bearing and a bearing supplier like bearing boys would be able to supply it once I can either find a number on it or measure it's sizes.  At least the seal is available as a spare part.