Multi tool choices

Roger440

13 hours ago, PeterW said:

It makes the Bosch look like a Lidl hairdryer

Look its horses for courses. I have the Lidl corded one and it is great. I also have the dewalt cordless which was a gift and is also great given that I have other Dewalt tools so a number of batteries. The thing is not about cost is about  value in the end the choice is down to the way you see the value proposition. 

2 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Look its horses for courses. I have the Lidl corded one and it is great. I also have the dewalt cordless which was a gift and is also great given that I have other Dewalt tools so a number of batteries. The thing is not about cost is about  value in the end the choice is down to the way you see the value proposition. 

@MikeSharp01 my comparison is the Bosch to the Fein MultiTalent - same price, massively different quality ...

4 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

I think the quote was literally meaning a hair dryer from Lidl not a Parkside multi tool from Lidl. :)

Saying that I imagine Lidl hair dryers (Silver Crest brand?) are probably OK too. Just bought their £9.99 waffle maker and that's alright.

Oddly enough I don't shop at Waitrose!

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Oddly enough I don't shop at Waitrose!

I wonder if there is a correlation between the brand of power tools anyone owns and where they go to buy their food?

I'll own up to having almost entirely Makita power tools, even a Makita mower, and we always shop at Waitrose, and pretty much always have.  Not sure what that says about me, probably not anything nice..............:/

3 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

I wonder if there is a correlation between the brand of power tools anyone owns and where they go to buy their food?

I'll own up to having almost entirely Makita power tools, even a Makita mower, and we always shop at Waitrose, and pretty much always have.  Not sure what that says about me, probably not anything nice..............:/

I'll shop anywhere & eat anything.

I've been in a Waitrose ONCE in my entire life. I do insist on Shell fuel though so go to a Waitrose garage

I should point out I go to Lidl at Sevenoaks as its next to the station I travel from. It's a whole world away from say Lidl at Sidcup or Dartford. No guards for a start! :) You just get a better class of bargain hunter looking for vfm items. Chateauneuf Du Pape is only a tenner a bottle.

48 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

Suspect that only holds amongst relatively casual or occasional users, or those with small enough resources not to be able to afford a solid brand, or enough resources to be able to get one when they do not need it.

Our closest Waitroses are 16 and 17 miles, and then about 20.

We have at least 15, and maybe 20, Aldis closer than that. IT is not as if it is a low-population area ... there are 150k-200k people within 6-7 miles.

Amongst people I know of, and there are numbers of serious diyers and tradesmen, it tends to be DeWalt to Makita for their own tools. If you talk to Letting Agents in eg Nottingham, a lot of their maintenance people live this way. But people are very sharp in buying the good ones from the Aldi or Lidl offerings.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

13 hours ago, JSHarris said:

I buy Bosch Proffesional tools and food shop in Lidl. :) 

• Like 1

I bought the DeWalt right angle drill adapter from FFX on a special and it is fanbloodytastic and then some (except it's yellow :) ). It was reassuringly expensive without the discount. Actually the colour is a good thing as it's pretty small. So good I then bought one for my chippy, DeWalt fanboy mate and he raves about it.

I bought a near identical copy from Lidl mainly made from seemingly h.duty green plastic. Looked good / felt good. I killed it on its first outing. There are diamonds amongst the rough to be had but that wasn't one of them.

39 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

^ the latest one without the green cladding is stronger.

I think I saw it the other day in there but dismissed it thinking it the same as the one I had. If I haven't binned it I'll post a pic and you can tell me if it's the same.

I thought my Parkside multitool had died last night. I was dreading coming on here and telling everyone. 

In the bathroom I was and plugged it in in turn to 3 of the spare sockets on the extension lead...dead as. I obviously had power as the 4th socket had the 110V trannie plugged in for the site light and the lights were on.

Then I realised it was the downlights in the ceiling that were on NOT the site light! :)

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

I bought the DeWalt right angle drill adapter from FFX on a special and it is fanbloodytastic and then some (except it's yellow :) ). It was reassuringly expensive without the discount. Actually the colour is a good thing as it's pretty small. So good I then bought one for my chippy, DeWalt fanboy mate and he raves about it.

I bought a near identical copy from Lidl mainly made from seemingly h.duty green plastic. Looked good / felt good. I killed it on its first outing. There are diamonds amongst the rough to be had but that wasn't one of them.

Ah but hold on to your receipt, they will come good on the 3yr warranty

16 hours ago, JSHarris said:

I'm Makita throughout, apart from my corded multitool from Lidl. I've never been in a Waitrose...

24 minutes ago, Crofter said:

Ah but hold on to your receipt, they will come good on the 3yr warranty

I scan my Lidl tool receipts and store them on Dropbox. Not sure if the right angle adapter had the 3yr g'tee...

Edited by Onoff