My Nightmare Heating System

newhome

• 1 month later...

Lol, as this has been bumped up again I will give an update on the heating system. Both heating and DHW are working great. Heatmiser controller is doing its thing, and I've got to grips with it now as opposed to it being an ornament on the wall for the last 8 years! However it would never have worked properly with the TS all fecked anyway. TS is all good and no longer the device from hell, and taps deliver hot water when I need it, and enough to take a shower or a bath. So all good. The only outstanding issue is with the solar thermal that isn't heating the TS despite it 'running' as I can hear when it switches on and should be heating the TS. So new parts have been ordered and I'm trying to get a local plumber to sort that out (not that easy as apparently all plumbers round here are scared of going on the roof). @Nickfromwales and @PeterW think it's hopefully just air causing the glycol not to circulate properly so a change of automatic air vent might sort it, plus have advised that the pump should be changed at the same time as it's probably murdered itself after being in situ and not working properly for so long. A plumber is allegedly coming on Friday so have a look and give me a quote so fingers crossed! Would be good to get it working but not the end of the world if it doesn't really. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well hell, thought I would clear out the under-stair cupboard where 2 sets of manifolds live as I thought there was free space at the back that I could store ‘might come in handy’ junk. Look what’s there @PeterW and @Nickfromwales . We could have had a party! ???  Sadly I imagine the beer has likely seen better days but the wine and spirits may be ok I guess. Cheers ?

8A7BA6BF-738B-4D60-A27D-1F7F4EE01363.jpeg

Well there is some Tennants Super in there ....... so you are definitely in Scotland ! Think we finished some Belhaven off didn’t we ..? And I’ll leave the Act-A-Twat for someone else ....

31 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Black sheep ale ???  that and Theakston Old Peculiar - its what God invented yeast for.

I should have offered Black Sheep to the Welshman really ;). Sadly it all needs tipping down the sink. 

Edited by newhome
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Well there is some Tennants Super in there ....... so you are definitely in Scotland ! Think we finished some Belhaven off didn’t we ..? And I’ll leave the Act-A-Twat for someone else ....

Yep, deffo in Scotland. See advent calendar. Act A Twat? Stella? Will

said you hated Stella. He said he wasn’t bothered and would drink anything :) ?

6395ED40-A964-4499-80E1-6764B056A6BE.jpeg

1 minute ago, newhome said:

Act A Twat? Stella?

Yep ... Stella Artois ... or roughly translated as act a twat.... Tennants advent calendar is “different”... is that the first beer of the day ..?

• Like 1

Just now, newhome said:

So did I at his age :D

And there was me thinking you meant Will!! Thought the Welshman may have grown up a bit but seems not! 

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Yep ... Stella Artois ... or roughly translated as act a twat.... Tennants advent calendar is “different”... is that the first beer of the day ..?

Don’t do beer TBH. I’ll be giving the voddy a whirl though :)