My Nightmare Heating System

newhome

26 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

I was the same when i first found out they were a thing, if you search for "amazon review of" either veet hair removal or sugar free gummy bears there are hundreds of very similar reviews, there must be others but those are the only products I Know of that fell into the "lets make a really long, hilarious and descriptive review of a product" category.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/other_subjects/180138-wax-hair-removal-a-little-tale-i-found

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

My rather cute, blonde, single female neighbour has asked me to fix this.

Said it has stopped vibrating.

She is picking it up later tonight.

(She is really a redhead but has the decency to dye it blonde).

This has gone so far off topic it is now silly :D

Puller.jpg

Oh. For ********** :$ :ph34r:

Thought that was a bit bold low for Philips.

Edited by Ferdinand
Lowered the tone too much.

Will you all stop it!!  I cant get any work done as I am too busy falling off the sofa laughng.....  I dont dare look at another one.  The OH thinks I am potty.  I showed him the Veet for men review but he managed to read it without laughing once:(  He seems to have lost his sense of humour.....

I have sent the link to all my friends though.  :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, TheMitchells said:

Will you all stop it!!  I cant get any work done as I am too busy falling off the sofa laughng.....  I dont dare look at another one.  The OH thinks I am potty.  I showed him the Veet for men review but he managed to read it without laughing once:(  He seems to have lost his sense of humour.....

I have sent the link to all my friends though.  :ph34r:

How did he not laugh at that!!! :o Did you marry an android? ;)

• Haha 1

Sooooo! Finally bringing this back to captain sensible land and heating (yeah boring I know!). Electric has been up and down more times than a tart’s knickers today and right on cue the Heat Miser controller has sprung back into life. Clearly it’s the wrong type of snow for an electricity supply which ain’t great when you’re trying to work over VPN and the router goes off whenever the supply cuts out. 

Grabbed some photos before normal service is resumed and all the settings disappear again. It also might explain why the manifolds upstairs call for heat as it looks like they come on sometimes despite being set to frost. I never go in that half of the house so am not familiar with what happens re the room stats there so wasn’t aware they did that :$  

First photo is how things normally look with the controller showing ???? 

Second and third photos show controller showing proper temperatures and status post a power cut which alerted me to the fact that some upstairs rooms are allegedly heating despite being set to frost (see photo 4) which clearly means they are set incorrectly. I don’t think the upstairs ever gets any heat in any of the rooms just now anyway so despite saying heating they ain’t! 

One for you @PeterW :)

B09893F5-1177-4151-BC1C-B0088B5071BF.jpeg

D4E9DEA8-2026-45A6-8FC0-72BE9D88F8BC.jpeg

B6D994B9-1AE0-4493-AF35-0498848373B9.jpeg

36A97B68-3E95-4347-8848-E8B907B90F3C.jpeg

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Have you tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete and start again ....??? O.o

I’m generally less subtle than that ;). I find a sledgehammer works better generally if only to make me feel better! :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newhome said:

That’s pretty warm! Look at the bedrooms! Now you see why I need a leccy blanket O.o

0C7AAA81-C8BF-43A3-B3AF-86F30E4928F0.jpeg

I've been known to wear a Thinsulate hat to bed I'll have you know! :)

• Haha 1

I think it's possible to calibrate Heatmiser stats but I thought they could only be adjusted a few degrees? Perhaps I'm wrong and someone messed with the calibration by mistake?

Otherwise yes it's faulty.

Edited by Temp
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Temp said:

I think it's possible to calibrate Heatmiser stats but I thought they could only be adjusted a few degrees? Perhaps I'm wrong and someone messed with the calibration by mistake?

Otherwise yes it's faulty.

It did use to work but went wrong at around Christmas time. 

@PeterW does this mean I need a new room stat after all? This is the one you were going to move elsewhere but looks like it may be cream crackered. Maybe it froze to death out there? ;)

16 hours ago, newhome said:

This is a weird one too. Room stat says 20 degrees which is BS. The bolometer (or bollockmeter according to @SteamyTea) says 7.4 degrees. Bloody baltic in there so it’s the room stat talking bollocks! 

5C477409-CA31-4453-B222-BAA0E455D27C.jpeg

Isn't this the target temperature, not the actual temperature. mind you, the heating is off!

12 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Isn't this the target temperature, not the actual temperature. mind you, the heating is off!

It’s supposed to be the current room temperature but it’s more 7 degrees than 20!