My Nightmare Heating System

newhome

4 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

@Onoff

Just being mindful that this circuit is feeding 22mm flow and return through the house going to 4 x UFH manifolds. ;)

You're losing me again, doesn't take much.

So sorting all this. What you need is a virtual presence device! Or at least a pair of willing hands with a head cam and internet connection to a "brain". :)

@Nickfromwales I’ve had a look and there’s two pairs connected bottom right from each of the UH1 boards ... one to valve and one to pump ...! O.o

Wonder if there is a ZV lurking behind that TS somewhere ..? I can’t see one on any picture ...!

Good news is that it means there are two pairs running everywhere / somewhere ... deffo need a lot of dymo tape, some cable ties and a few Wagos... 

Oh, and dark chocolate digestives .... xD

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

@Nickfromwales I’ve had a look and there’s two pairs connected bottom right from each of the UH1 boards ... one to valve and one to pump ...! O.o

Wonder if there is a ZV lurking behind that TS somewhere ..? I can’t see one on any picture ...!

Good news is that it means there are two pairs running everywhere / somewhere ... deffo need a lot of dymo tape, some cable ties and a few Wagos... 

Oh, and dark chocolate digestives .... xD

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Half chocolate coated malted milks, obviously. 9_9

51 minutes ago, Onoff said:

@newhome, if the collective brain's trust are struggling to see what's where, if there's zone valves like this for instance (can be plastic bodied too):

ae235.jpeg.f1298e19521a607101f5563a65b16352.jpeg

Maybe run a camera slowly around everything and post it up on Flickr say?

Are they not the things that @Nickfromwales asked about on page 1? I haven't seen anything like that, and if they are not listed on the invoices I posted then I don't think they will be anywhere. 

The invoices are all at HMRC but here is the summary of invoices from the spready for anything heating or solar related. I posted invoices for the first 4 items and the rest are fairly self explanatory I think? 

Description Retailer
Solar Thermal Collectors and fittings / collection kit Eco-nomical
Underfloor Heating Wunda Group
Water Tank and supplementary equipment DPS Ltd
Electric Boiler 3 phase The Electric Heating Co
Floor Clips Wunda Group
Room Thermostats Heat Miser
Shower Flow Sensor The Electric Heating Co
Thermostats Thermsaver
Heating pump Direct Heating Spares

I can do a little video if helpful though. 

9 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I could slum it I suppose. Do they have bacon where you live ?

Bacon? Thought it was all lamb where you’re from? Anyway we have Highland Coos (yes even in the lowlands) and these (but you have to catch one first) 

51D1B737-421A-4AAE-A01D-9F32E1C85ECD.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Well, Faye could anyway! :)

Quite apart from the above comment you need to stay off the channel cos since I did my calcs things have changed a bit. Now at 35% pages and post number and that brings the fateful day down to the 4th (ish), 'in normal traffic' as Google says. If I were you I would start polishing the crown in readiness for sending it round M25 and up the A1.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I draw the line on having to have to catch it then eat it. In Scotland there must be a McDonalds ?xD

You could have one of the delicacies from the local chippy, as in deep fried Mars bars or pizza dipped in batter and deep fried! :D

1 minute ago, newhome said:

You could have one of the delicacies from the local chippy, as in deep fried Mars bars or pizza dipped in batter and deep fried! :D

I was stunned to see those along with Toffee Crisp on a chippy menu in Edinburgh years ago. Seem to remember they kept them in a freezer and cooked them "fresh".

• Haha 1